SACD on Nakamichi 7.2 Soundbar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for that luck. My Nakamichi does support DTS and DVD/A, just not DSD streams without converting it to PCM. I've been reading this is even common for a lot of AVR's, so I can't get to spun up about it. I found a new Sony that plays all ZONE DVD's and Blu Ray, plays SACD and outputs DSD and plays and supports DVD-Audio discs. Just bought that one. Good luck my friend!

It's NOT my SONY player, it's my SONOS ARC!

What's bizarre, is that the Sonos, supports FULL Dolby True HD/ATMOS, & MASTER DTS/5.1
I can disconnect the Sonos Arc, & play EVERY KNOWN FORMAT, available, through my Sony TV!
C'mon, a Television decodes DVD/A's, & SACD's/DSD, but not a soundbar?
Go figure; When you call Sonos, they're clueless
All they do is blame my Sony UBP-X1100ES, which is ludicrous, because of what I've just stated

I've had the same experience, my Nakamichi plays everything sent to it, but it does convert everything into PCM, including SACD's DSD format. They all sound great, but it would just be simpler to support DSD signals. In my Nakamichi soundbar system 7.2 I think its because SACD's were created and supported by Sony. Maybe if I had searched out a high end Sony soundbar system, maybe it would accept and decode DSD signals?

Back