SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, but there are only 2 configuration settings needed on the 103 itself. Exactly what are you referring to with regard to configuring the 103?

Mmmm, your laptop, but what operating system shall we presume is in use? Would that be Windows, macOS, or Linux?
Sorry... Windows 10. Configured means thumb drive has the Auto Script files and drawer opens. Have IP address.

Sorry... Windows 10. Configured means thumb drive has the Auto Script files and drawer opens. Have IP address.
This is now what I see in Sonore after executing!

Found configuration 'sacd_extract.cfg' file...
Artist will be added in folder name (artist=0) no
Performer will be added in filename of track (performer=0) no
Padding-less (nopad=0) no
Pauses included (pauses=0) no
Concatenate (concatenate=0) no
ID3tagV2.4 (id3tag = 4) yes

Program terminates!

I Am doing something wrong in the forum and it wont let me post. While I did see all the sacd info in Sonore do nogt have file? What did I do wrong?

I Am doing something wrong in the forum and it wont let me post. While I did see all the sacd info in Sonore do nogt have file? What did I do wrong?

You did nothing wrong. It’s the spam catcher is a bit too touchy. Just be patient and your posts will get there. You can also contact moderator “Angie” should you feel the need. Thanks.

Sorry you are having problems, it can be tricky to get your head around these processes.
I'm sure there will be help here shortly.
Not my area of knowledge I'm afraid.

This is now what I see in Sonore after executing!

Found configuration 'sacd_extract.cfg' file...
Artist will be added in folder name (artist=0) no
Performer will be added in filename of track (performer=0) no
Padding-less (nopad=0) no
Pauses included (pauses=0) no
Concatenate (concatenate=0) no
ID3tagV2.4 (id3tag = 4) yes

Program terminates!

In the folder where you have the .jar file that launches ISO2DSD, do you see sacd_extract.exe?

Yes it is the most current. Actually I just got Sonore to work. Well kind of! When I clicked EXECUTE the sacd information appeared on the Sonore screen. CD information, the tracks, etc., but when it was done there were no ISO files. I searched the laptop in case they were somewhere! I'm getting there thanks to kind people like yourself on this forum. Anty thoughts to what is happening?

Steve

Yes it is the most current. Actually I just got Sonore to work. Well kind of! When I clicked EXECUTE the sacd information appeared on the Sonore screen. CD information, the tracks, etc., but when it was done there were no ISO files. I searched the laptop in case they were somewhere! I'm getting there thanks to kind people like yourself on this forum. Anty thoughts to what is happening?

Steve
No I don't, the ripped album folder should be inside the ISO2DSD folder.
You are certain you saw the SACD track information? If the rip encounters an error, there should be an error message in that space where you saw the track information.

Yes that file is there!
No I don't, the ripped album folder should be inside the ISO2DSD folder.
You are certain you saw the SACD track information? If the rip encounters an error, there should be an error message in that space where you saw the track information.
It works! Double checked the Sacd_extract and it was not the newest. Working great and first sacd is ISO in the iso2dsd folder. Next step is converting to flac with 0 compression. Awesome help! Thanks.

It works! Double checked the Sacd_extract and it was not the newest. Working great and first sacd is ISO in the iso2dsd folder. Next step is converting to flac with 0 compression. Awesome help! Thanks.
mmm why zero compression? Making a flac file implies compression anyway, no? I usually use level 6 myself.

Ah, never mind. old post.

mmm why zero compression? Making a flac file implies compression anyway, no? I usually use level 6 myself.

[/Q

The zero compression is what's required to play on my acura tlx aspec 3d sound system.

The zero compression is what's required to play on my acura tlx aspec 3d sound system.
OK. That's...strange. I don't believe I ever heard of that before.
So it plays flac but the compression it does not like. Learn something new every day.

Weird stuff in cars sometimes. My 2000 Z28 came with a freaking cassette player of all things....200w sound system and no CD player, couldn't find one at the time with a CD player and still ended up buying it from 200 miles away down in Tampa to get a black Z28.

Well, I guess I'm joining the club of one-time casual users of this technique who have come back to it and are suddenly having problems.

A couple of years ago I tried out the process outlined by @ted_b over at Audiophile Style (I adapted ver. 4.0 of his downloadable "Ripping Guide") and had success right out of the box, ripping a half-dozen or so SACDs with my Oppo 103 without a hitch. (I also have a couple of cheap Sony Blu-Ray players in the house that should work, but I still haven't tried those.) I wasn't motivated to start a full back-up program of my SACD collection, but I was glad to know I had the capability and was familiar with the routine.

Well, yesterday I had occasion to try again, and now I'm stymied. Here's my setup:
  • I have a folder in the root ("C:") directory of an old laptop named "iso2dsd" (rather than "SACD"); it contains a 2016 version of iso2dsd_gui.exe (and, for that matter, iso2dsd_gui.jar), along with the latest, euflo-modded version of sacd_extract.exe. (I swapped out the old version of sacd_extract.exe for safety's sake yesterday after my initial failure.)
  • And I have a USB drive with a folder named "AutoScript" that contains the 3 magic files: AutoScript, AtuoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract--all dating from 2015. (It's not the only folder on that drive, though. Should it be?)
  • Judging by their IP addresses, anyway, both laptop and Oppo are on the same subnet. (They ought to be, since they're connected to the same network/router--although one is currently connected with an Ethernet cable and the other via Wi-Fi. Donno if that would make any difference?)
The first sign of trouble is that when I turn on the Oppo and plug in the USB drive, the drawer doesn't open automatically. I open it manually and insert a disc anyway. If I then go to the iso2dsd folder on my laptop and run iso2dsd_gui.exe, entering the IP address of the Oppo (ending with port 2002), selecting the "Multi" channel mode and "Raw ISO" output mode (which always worked for me before, though I've also tried Sony DSF with the same result), and hitting "Execute," here's the result I get:

sacd_extract client 0.3.9.3-107-[long string of alphanumerics]​
Enhanced by euflo ....starting!​
Current (working) directory (for the app and 'sacd_extract.cfg' file): C:\iso2dsd​
Program terminates!​
Failed to connect​
libsacdread: Can't open [the IP address of the Oppo that I entered] for reading​
I've read back over what I think are all the relevant threads (this one, the Sony Blu-Ray player one, the "Questions About Sonore ISO2DSD" thread started by @B&W Driver, the other one about @boondocks' recent troubles, the now-226-page thread at AudiophileStyle, including the all-important pages 207 & 208, and the BDP-108 Owners thread at AVS Forum), and nothing has clicked. Not sure why the laptop is no longer able to see & talk to the Oppo. Should both units connect to the network via the same means (i.e., both wi-fi or both Ethernet)?

Any of you experts have any ideas?

Last edited:
Current (working) directory (for the app and 'sacd_extract.cfg' file): C:\iso2dsd​
Program terminates!​
Failed to connect​
libsacdread: Can't open [the IP address of the Oppo that I entered] for reading​
I've read back over what I think are all the relevant threads (this one, the Sony Blu-Ray player one, the "Questions About Sonore ISO2DSD" thread started by @B&W Driver, the other one about @boondocks' recent troubles, the now-226-page thread at AudiophileStyle, including the all-important pages 207 & 208, and the BDP-108 Owners thread at AVS Forum), and nothing has clicked. Not sure why the laptop is no longer able to see & talk to the Oppo. Should both units connect to the network via the same means (i.e., both wi-fi or both Ethernet)?

Seems like the program is fine.

Usually this means that the IP address that you input for the OPPO is no longer correct. It needs normally to be on the same subnet as your laptop, but may have changed if you have not used it recently.

The first sign of trouble is that when I turn on the Oppo and plug in the USB drive, the drawer doesn't open automatically.

If the drawer doesn't open automatically, the script has not been loaded on the Oppo. You must get this to work before next steps.
Things to try:
Disconnect devices from all USB ports
Use ONE USB port only (I always use the FRONT when I rip SACD's)
Reformat USB drive to different file system (FAT/NTFS etc)
Place ONLY the AutoScript folder on the thumb drive
Turn on Oppo while USB is already inserted.

It will work, just need to get the Oppo to load the script.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'm joining the club of one-time casual users of this technique who have come back to it and are suddenly having problems.

A couple of years ago I tried out the process outlined by @ted_b over at Audiophile Style (I adapted ver. 4.0 of his downloadable "Ripping Guide") and had success right out of the box, ripping a half-dozen or so SACDs with my Oppo 103 without a hitch. (I also have a couple of cheap Sony Blu-Ray players in the house that should work, but I still haven't tried those.) I wasn't motivated to start a full back-up program of my SACD collection, but I was glad to know I had the capability and was familiar with the routine.

Well, yesterday I had occasion to try again, and now I'm stymied. Here's my setup:
  • I have a folder in the root ("C:") directory of an old laptop named "iso2dsd" (rather than "SACD"); it contains a 2016 version of iso2dsd_gui.exe (and, for that matter, iso2dsd_gui.jar), along with the latest, euflo-modded version of sacd_extract.exe. (I swapped out the old version of sacd_extract.exe for safety's sake yesterday after my initial failure.)
  • And I have a USB drive with a folder named "AutoScript" that contains the 3 magic files: AutoScript, AtuoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract--all dating from 2015. (It's not the only folder on that drive, though. Should it be?)
  • Judging by their IP addresses, anyway, both laptop and Oppo are on the same subnet. (They ought to be, since they're connected to the same network/router--although one is currently connected with an Ethernet cable and the other via Wi-Fi. Donno if that would make any difference?)
The first sign of trouble is that when I turn on the Oppo and plug in the USB drive, the drawer doesn't open automatically. I open it manually and insert a disc anyway. If I then go to the iso2dsd folder on my laptop and run iso2dsd_gui.exe, entering the IP address of the Oppo (ending with port 2002), selecting the "Multi" channel mode and "Raw ISO" output mode (which always worked for me before, though I've also tried Sony DSF with the same result), and hitting "Execute," here's the result I get:

Program terminates!​
Failed to connect​

The other thing to check is that your laptop will allow a connection File sharing over a network in Windows

It seems that after every update my Windows 10 PC disables my shared file access so my Oppo can't see my PC :mad: - I check out flacs before I put them on the NAS Drives.

Shared Media Access

Seems like the program is fine.

Usually this means that the IP address that you input for the OPPO is no longer correct. It needs normally to be on the same subnet as your laptop, but may have changed if you have not used it recently.

Thanks. I'm getting the IP address of the Oppo (192.168.1.xxx) from Setup>Network Settings, and the IP address of the laptop (192.168.1.xxx) from Settings>Network & Internet>Properties. So the subnet is the "1," right--which iso2dsd renders as "01"?
If your

If the drawer doesn't open automatically, the script has not been loaded on the Oppo. You must get this to work before next steps.
Things to try:
Disconnect devices from all USB ports
Use ONE USB port only (I always use the FRONT when I rip SACD's)
Reformat USB drive to different file system (FAT/NTFS etc)
Place ONLY the AutoScript folder on the thumb drive
Turn on Oppo while USB is already inserted.

It will work, just need to get the Oppo to load the script.

Thanks. I do indeed use only the front USB port, but I wondered if having more than one folder on the thumb drive might be a problem. I'll change that first. I've tried inserting the USB drive both before and after turning on the Oppo; no difference. And I think Ted's instructions claimed that any file system format should work, but I could try that too, I suppose.

Back