SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm getting the IP address of the Oppo (192.168.1.xxx) from Setup>Network Settings, and the IP address of the laptop (192.168.1.xxx) from Settings>Network & Internet>Properties. So the subnet is the "1," right--which iso2dsd renders as "01"?

Thanks. I do indeed use only the front USB port, but I wondered if having more than one folder on the thumb drive might be a problem. I'll change that first. I've tried inserting the USB drive both before and after turning on the Oppo; no difference. And I think Ted's instructions claimed that any file system format should work, but I could try that too, I suppose.
I think you need to put 2002 at the end of your IP address, I don't know why, but I wasn't doing that when I first started doing this. As soon as I did it started working.
ip.jpg

If the drawer doesn't open automatically, the script has not been loaded on the Oppo. You must get this to work before next steps.
Things to try:
Disconnect devices from all USB ports
Use ONE USB port only (I always use the FRONT when I rip SACD's)
Reformat USB drive to different file system (FAT/NTFS etc)
Place ONLY the AutoScript folder on the thumb drive
Turn on Oppo while USB is already inserted.

It will work, just need to get the Oppo to load the script.
And . . . it turned out to be just that simple. Put the AutoScript folder on a fresh thumb drive with nothing else on it, and I was up and running!

(Well, sort of: ISO2DSD didn't like the first disc I tried to rip--an old Telarc classical--and gave up partway through. But I think that's the fault of the disc. Attempt #2--Shostakovich's score for the film Hamlet, on Naxos--went through with flying colors; took about 40 minutes.)

Thanks again to everyone!

I have a folder in the root ("C:") directory of an old laptop named "iso2dsd" (rather than "SACD"); it contains a 2016 version of iso2dsd_gui.exe (and, for that matter, iso2dsd_gui.jar), along with the latest, euflo-modded version of sacd_extract.exe. (I swapped out the old version of sacd_extract.exe for safety's sake yesterday after my initial failure.)
Sounds all good.

And I have a USB drive with a folder named "AutoScript" that contains the 3 magic files: AutoScript, AtuoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract--all dating from 2015. (It's not the only folder on that drive, though. Should it be?)
So long as the AutoScript folder is at the root of that flash drive (not contained by any other folder), it doesn't matter if you have other folders on that same drive.

Judging by their IP addresses, anyway, both laptop and Oppo are on the same subnet. (They ought to be, since they're connected to the same network/router--although one is currently connected with an Ethernet cable and the other via Wi-Fi. Donno if that would make any difference?)
Makes no difference at all so long as they are on the same subnet, you can use a combination of Ethernet and WiFi without it causing any problem.

The first sign of trouble is that when I turn on the Oppo and plug in the USB drive, the drawer doesn't open automatically. I open it manually and insert a disc anyway.
Definite issue and one that must be overcome before proceeding at all any further with any other troubleshooting. If you are sure that particular USB flash drive was at one time working and no one messed up the script on it, then it should still work just like it ever did. But failure of the drawer to open automatically is symptomatic of the script not being read. I am going to guess that you might have either the Auto-play, or the Auto-resume setting (or both) enabled on the Oppo, both of those settings need to be defeated for this to work.

I do indeed use only the front USB port, but I wondered if having more than one folder on the thumb drive might be a problem. I'll change that first. I've tried inserting the USB drive both before and after turning on the Oppo; no difference. And I think Ted's instructions claimed that any file system format should work, but I could try that too, I suppose.
Either USB port will work, and you do not need to reformat the USB flash drive. An Oppo player can use FAT32, NTFS, or exFAT formatting, so long as the partition scheme is Master Boot Record. Leave all of that alone if you are sure that particular flash drive was at one time known working. Just disable the Auto-play and Auto-resume settings on the Oppo and you will likely be good to go.

EDIT: I see you've got it going now.

Sounds all good.

So long as the AutoScript folder is at the root of that flash drive (not contained by any other folder), it doesn't matter if you have other folders on that same drive.

Makes no difference at all so long as they are on the same subnet, you can use a combination of Ethernet and WiFi without it causing any problem.

Definite issue and one that must be overcome before proceeding at all any further with any other troubleshooting. If you are sure that particular USB flash drive was at one time working and no one messed up the script on it, then it should still work just like it ever did. But failure of the drawer to open automatically is symptomatic of the script not being read. I am going to guess that you might have either the Auto-play, or the Auto-resume setting (or both) enabled on the Oppo, both of those settings need to be defeated for this to work.

Either USB port will work, and you do not need to reformat the USB flash drive. An Oppo player can use FAT32, NTFS, or exFAT formatting, so long as the partition scheme is Master Boot Record. Leave all of that alone if you are sure that particular flash drive was at one time known working. Just disable the Auto-play and Auto-resume settings on the Oppo and you will likely be good to go.

EDIT: I see you've got it going now.
Yeah--really appreciate your response, just the same. Something must have gotten corrupted in the AutoScript folder that I copied onto that first drive.

Yeah--really appreciate your response, just the same. Something must have gotten corrupted in the AutoScript folder that I copied onto that first drive.
After going through an exhaustive process, in the end I finally determined about the same thing, though in my case the USB stick itself seemed to be the problem. Strange, Samsung USB sticks I bought a while back have been nothing but a pita. I'll never buy another one, at least not on the Amazon.

Guess I can put my 95 back into service again for ripping. Just need to get off my a** and learn how.

I'm once again fighting with my jailbroke Oppo 103 to get the script to work. I can get the drawer to open after inserting the USB. The SACDExtractGUI having no luck connecting on port 2002, though it can ping the 103. Arrggh. Why they disabled scripting I have no clue. I remember last time I ripped an SACD it took many tries.
The fight continues!

Back