SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Gene, you where one of my inspirations, watching you, I thought this guy doesn't know how but he is gonna do it anyway. Is it placebo?, but I think the digital surround files sound a tiny bit better.
LOL, in my honest opinion, I think the fact that you have pride in the fact that you ripped them....and you have them at your instant access make it so much more fun....yes...they do sound better. Just for that reason. You can switch gears based on your mood......and then all is good.

LOL, in my honest opinion, I think the fact that you have pride in the fact that you ripped them....and you have them at your instant access make it so much more fun....yes...they do sound better. Just for that reason. You can switch gears based on your mood......and then all is good.

Like others have said, I am usually a start to finish guy, my whole life, but having the digital format, I can go from Miles to The Who to whoever, it's like a Magic Carpet Ride, Steppenwolf.

@Kal Rubinson - I came to this thread today to find the instructions for ripping SACD to ISO (and I’m actually serious when I say, “Asking for a friend...” :)), and this thread has gotten so long I couldn’t find it. Since I saw, 1. You wrote the first post in this thread, and 2. The link you shared in the third post is broken, I thought I’d put this here and ask that you edit the first post to include it for people who come to the thread looking for it:
How to rip SACD to ISO

Paul

@Kal Rubinson - I came to this thread today to find the instructions for ripping SACD to ISO (and I’m actually serious when I say, “Asking for a friend...” :)), and this thread has gotten so long I couldn’t find it. Since I saw, 1. You wrote the first post in this thread, and 2. The link you shared in the third post is broken, I thought I’d put this here and ask that you edit the first post to include it for people who come to the thread looking for it:
How to rip SACD to ISO

Paul
The reason the old link fails is that ComputerAudiophile.com changed its name to AudiophileStyle.com. Duh. Fixed the local link. Thanks.

Thanks, both of you. As it happens, I, too, have been gearing up to try ripping to ISO with my Oppo for the first time, so this is a timely fix.

The first time you pull it off it feels like you just learned to fly. After that it's just cool for a while. For how long, I don't know, because I've ripped 177 so far and it's still the bomb!

The first time you pull it off it feels like you just learned to fly. After that it's just cool for a while. For how long, I don't know, because I've ripped 177 so far and it's still the bomb!
The thrill doesn't wear off unless you push too hard. I still rip discs but, after a few thousand, I no longer do it day-in/day-out. One or two new ones or, in a spurt, a full day. No more.

Hi rippers!,
I've been trying to rip sacd from my Oppo BDP-103 using ISO2DSD without any luck. I'm getting "failed to connect libssacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.13:2002 for reading"
Where am I going wrong? is the 2002 bit at the end of the ip address right or should it be something else?

Hi rippers!,
I've been trying to rip sacd from my Oppo BDP-103 using ISO2DSD without any luck. I'm getting "failed to connect libssacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.13:2002 for reading"
Where am I going wrong? is the 2002 bit at the end of the ip address right or should it be something else?
Make sure the IP address for your Oppo matches the IP address in the Program (I can’t remember the name of the program file and I’m not at home now but I’m sure someone will chime in with the info)

Make sure the IP address for your Oppo matches the IP address in the Program (I can’t remember the name of the program file and I’m not at home now but I’m sure someone will chime in with the info)

If you use ISO2DSD, you can put the IP in there. Right clicking on the Oppo icon under the network tab in Windows is a simple way to get the IP of the player.

Back