SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Join the thread at Hifi Haven .com
MikeyFresh runs the thread and helps every single person from the whole darn internet to solve their problems and is a computer expert to boot.
Link to last page of thread (currently page 68)
Thanks for that Gene, that’s me now registered, I’ll have look through the thread first before I start asking potentially daft questions.

Ripping my first SACD with my OPPO BDP-103. The thing that baffles me about the instructions, linked on the 1st page, is why you'd have to putty in to your player?
I was able to get the process running without ever doing so. USB in the player. Run the starting command from your computer. Where does putty come in to it?

I’d also recommend Mikey Fresh too, as today I have finally managed to successfully rip my first Sacd. Without his help, I simply would not have managed.

I’d also recommend Mikey Fresh too, as today I have finally managed to successfully rip my first Sacd. Without his help, I simply would not have managed.
I fully recommend Mikey as well.
I have also replied to your post about ripping DVD-Audio's and Blu-ray's on HIFI Haven
We like to help here as well!! :)

PS; I didn't see your earlier post on ripping SACD's, until today, as this particular thread is not one I frequent, as I use an alternative SACD ripping procedure in this thread:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/sony-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/

Last edited:
I found it to be pretty damn easy. At least from Win 10 to my OPPO BDP-103 (ethernet to ethernet directly - no network).
I also found it a breeze from macOS using the Sonore ISO2DSD Java GUI, over a home network. My network uses DHCP to assign IP addresses, so I have reserved a specific address for my 103D.

I also found it a breeze from macOS using the Sonore ISO2DSD Java GUI, over a home network. My network uses DHCP to assign IP addresses, so I have reserved a specific address for my 103D.
I'm more of a command line guy. I just had to determine which instructions to ignore, really. Like using putty to telnet in to the player. I still don't see the point. Maybe that is necessary on the PS3's?
Anyway, the overall process is pretty easy. But I am an IT guy, so getting my PC and OPPO to ping was a cinch.

Ripping my first SACD with my OPPO BDP-103. The thing that baffles me about the instructions, linked on the 1st page, is why you'd have to putty in to your player?
I was able to get the process running without ever doing so. USB in the player. Run the starting command from your computer. Where does putty come in to it?

It no longer does, that's old information from the very early days of discovered compatibility of certain Oppo and Pioneer Blu-ray players. There is no need for PuTTY or any Telnet whatsoever.

I still don't see the point. Maybe that is necessary on the PS3's?

It was used at that time as a troubleshooting aid, and no, it was not necessary on the PS3 either to the best of my memory, however it could and did aid in figuring out what was going wrong in some cases.
It might be hard to imagine those early trailblazing days (2011 for PS3) and how the various obstacles and hurdles were identified and overcome, but back then those were truly the pioneering efforts that sort of enabled all that ensued.

It was used at that time as a troubleshooting aid, and no, it was not necessary on the PS3 either to the best of my memory, however it could and did aid in figuring out what was going wrong in some cases.
It might be hard to imagine those early trailblazing days (2011 for PS3) and how the various obstacles and hurdles were identified and overcome, but back then those were truly the pioneering efforts that sort of enabled all that ensued.
Yup, that’s my recollection too. Telnet step was a diagnostic to verify connectivity, nothing else.

Well, many thanks to all those who toughed it through figuring out this process, writing scripts, uploading files to dropbox, etc. It really is highly valuable to be able to rip SACDs.
For one thing, it helps with the reviews I do on YouTube.

I might do a video, eventually, showing the process to create an SACD ISO (and maybe conversion to FLAC too). Could be that everyone who wants to know how to already does.
I'm guessing I'm fairly late to the party.

Well, many thanks to all those who toughed it through figuring out this process, writing scripts, uploading files to dropbox, etc. It really is highly valuable to be able to rip SACDs.
For one thing, it helps with the reviews I do on YouTube.

I might do a video, eventually, showing the process to create an SACD ISO (and maybe conversion to FLAC too). Could be that everyone who wants to know how to already does.
I'm guessing I'm fairly late to the party.
Maybe not. I bought a 2nd hand Oppo BDP-103D to do SACD rips, 2 maybe 3 years ago, and 🤫 er, um, well, er ………...………. I haven't got round to doing one yet 😱! Plus I imagine I'll do them in batches and forget how to in the time (old age/years?!) between the batches

Maybe not. I bought a 2nd hand Oppo BDP-103D to do SACD rips, 2 maybe 3 years ago, and 🤫 er, um, well, er ………...………. I haven't got round to doing one yet 😱! Plus I imagine I'll do them in batches and forget how to in the time (old age/years?!) between the batches
Once it's all set up properly, it's really no big deal; but yeah I gotta have a little cheat sheet next to mine to get it right between long breaks - old age is definitely a factor 😒... 🥳... 🤨... 🥳... 😟... 🥳🥳🥳

Once it's all set up properly, it's really no big deal; but yeah I gotta have a little cheat sheet next to mine to get it right between long breaks - old age is definitely a factor 😒... 🥳... 🤨... 🥳... 😟... 🥳🥳🥳
I am old enough to use such an excuse but I don't have to. The USB-flash drive sits on top of the Oppo all the time and I just pop it in, reboot and insert disc. Since the Oppo has a fixed address on my LAN, all I need to do is open ISO2DSD or SACDExtractGUI and hit "Execute." Done. Even I can't forget that..............even without a video.

I pity the guys with PS3 and Sonys.

All right, so, once an ISO is made, Anybody have the absolute best settings in Foobar2K for converting to FLAC?
(I know you can just play the ISO on a computer - FLACs are helpful in some ways though).

My settings are below. I can't say if they are the "absolute best", but I'm very happy with them. I use these for converting from ISO to flac files. These are your options:

1. PCM Volume: I always start this at +6dB and I copy the contents of the Console to Notepad and search for the word "over". If I can't find "over", I know I'm good. If I DO find it, I convert again at +5dB (overwriting the previous coversion) and repeat until I have no overloads.

2. PCM Samplerate: If you can hear resolutions over 88.2/24, then make it higher. This is plenty for my rock band beaten ears.

3. Preferable Area: This is where you choose which layer, stereo or multichannel, you wish to convert.

I never change any of the other settings.

Foobar SACD Settings.jpg

I use the same settings. I never figured out what the DSD2PCM Mode was, tried different values but no difference in end result.

Last edited:
I pity the guys with PS3 and Sonys.

While I agree and also pity the poor PS3 users, there is no reason to pity the Sony Blu-ray users at all, as the difference in using a Sony player amounts to closing the disc tray with the OFF button as opposed to the open/close button.
Thats really it other than waiting about 3 seconds while the display flashes OFF, once that's done, then just Run the rip in the GUI. Essentially the same thing as with Oppo or Pioneer players, and the sleep mode is no big deal, there is a single setting in the player's on-screen displayed menu that enables it.

Back