SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree and also pity the poor PS3 users, there is no reason to pity the Sony Blu-ray users at all, as the difference in using a Sony player amounts to closing the disc tray with the OFF button as opposed to the open/close button.
Thats really it other than waiting about 3 seconds while the display flashes OFF, once that's done, then just Run the rip in the GUI. Essentially the same thing as with Oppo or Pioneer players, and the sleep mode is no big deal, there is a single setting in the player's on-screen displayed menu that enables it.
I am judging that only from the number of posts I see from people using Sonys and it is significant.

I am judging that only from the number of posts I see from people using Sonys and it is significant.

Fair enough, but don't overlook the hundreds of other posts from people using Sonys on this and other forums who had instant success.
There are no doubt far more successful Sony users than any other Blu-ray player brand, for the simple reason they are so inexpensive and plentiful on the used market, and the Sony brand offers by far the most different compatible models (10), made during the 2012-2014 model years.
I'm not a Sony fan boy, I have an Oppo BDP-103, and it's build quality is decidedly superior to any compatible Sony, no comparison actually. But they are quite expensive on the used market, and also getting harder to find as time goes by.
Those 10 different Sony models range roughly between $20-100 on eBay. You won't land a functioning Oppo on eBay for any less than about $350.

Last edited:
Hi guys, dumb question here. I own a Pioneer BDP-170 to make my iso sacd backups.
I‘ve never upgraded its firmware since I bought it, so the question is: will any upgrade shut off its backup function?
Is there a reason why you want to upgrade it?
Speaking from a Sony perspective, the Blu-ray player I use solely for ripping, has not been affected by any updates.
I use a separate, fairly cheap ripper, to save on wear n tear on my expensive Cambridge Azur.
As they say, if in doubt,' leave it out '.

Is there a reason why you want to upgrade it?
Speaking from a Sony perspective, the Blu-ray player I use solely for ripping, has not been affected by any updates.
I use a separate, fairly cheap ripper, to save on wear n tear on my expensive Cambridge Azur.
As they say, if in doubt,' leave it out '.
There’s only one reason. Sometimes I like to play some flacs from it with my hdd and it stops working just because I’m scrolling the files in it

There’s only one reason. Sometimes I like to play some flacs from it with my hdd and it stops working just because I’m scrolling the files in it
Do you know if the update stops this?
If you do update it and it has a problem in ripping you can always reverse this by going back to the factory settings.

103/105 Instructions You will have to reopen as a PDF.
The Sonore ISO software works off Java so you will need to download the free Java software.
The link above is very simple for OPPO SACD ripping.
The download Autoscript is for your USB stick that you will insert in the front of OPPO that now turns the OPPO into a ripping machine.
Now you are ready to rip SACD, keep in mind that when done the Sonore will put your rip in a subfolder and good Idea to rename it for easy memory.
All that said, I am actually having a little problem that I can't seem to figure out if anybody can help.
I ran a PC Tuneup from Best Buy, works great, but they erased my Java for some reason and when I put my Sonore ISO2DSD back together I can't seem to get it to work.

Sonore is set to SERVER INPUT:
I put in the OPPO network IP address, I don't know what year I should put, tried all years from 2014 to 2020.
I did not put in any 0's with the IP address.
When I press EXECUTE, it says failed to connect, can't open, example XXX.XXX.X.200, (my specific OPPO IP Address).
I must be typing in my OPPO IP address wrong, but don't know why?

Other than that all my settings are the same:
Either Dual or Multi
SONY DSF
Cue Sheet, unchecked
Print checked
Convert DST to DSD checked

Last edited:
103/105 Instructions You will have to reopen as a PDF.
The Sonore ISO software works off Java so you will need to download the free Java software.
The link above is very simple for OPPO SACD ripping.
The download Autoscript is for your USB stick that you will insert in the front of OPPO that now turns the OPPO into a ripping machine.
Now you are ready to rip SACD, keep in mind that when done the Sonore will put your rip in a subfolder and good Idea to rename it for easy memory.
All that said, I am actually having a little problem that I can't seem to figure out if anybody can help.
I ran a PC Tuneup from Best Buy, works great, but they erased my Java for some reason and when I put my Sonore ISO2DSD back together I can't seem to get it to work.

Sonore is set to SERVER INPUT:
I put in the OPPO network IP address, I don't know what year I should put, tried all years from 2014 to 2020.
I did not put in any 0's with the IP address.
When I press EXECUTE, it says failed to connect, can't open, example XXX.XXX.X.200, (my specific OPPO IP Address).
I must be typing in my OPPO IP address wrong, but don't know why?

Other than that all my settings are the same:
Either Dual or Multi
SONY DSF
Cue Sheet, unchecked
Print checked
Convert DST to DSD checked
In the sacd.cmd, my IP address is formatted like this: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2002.
Connectivity to the ripping program on the usb stick in my player didn't work when I removed the ":2002" so I put it back.

I run sacd.cmd manually from the command line. No need for Java.

I hope this helps with your question.

In the sacd.cmd, my IP address is formatted like this: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2002.
Connectivity to the ripping program on the usb stick in my player didn't work when I removed the ":2002" so I put it back.

I run sacd.cmd manually from the command line. No need for Java.

I hope this helps with your question.
Thanks Mike, the magic number was 2002, and works fine now. Will add that to my notes. Not sure why 2002, but just glad it works.

Thanks Mike, the magic number was 2002, and works fine now. Will add that to my notes. Not sure why 2002, but just glad it works.
Usually, an IP with a four-digit number attached like that is called a "socket". The four digits being the port that the IP traffic uses.
It could just be the right port for whatever protocol is used in the script? That's my guess anyway.

Usually, an IP with a four-digit number attached like that is called a "socket". The four digits being the port that the IP traffic uses.
It could just be the right port for whatever protocol is used in the script? That's my guess anyway.
That is correct, the Blu-ray player becomes a file server once the AutoScript runs, and the computer connects to it via port 2002.

True Confessions - Despite buying a BDP 103 months ago for this purpose, frustrations of the process not working for me, I just got this to work for the very first time. My main workhorse WIN 7 Ultimate box wouldn't cooperate so I set the project aside due to lack of patience. Started over today (yes I read posts on this topic over time) and this time it was JAVA run environment error. Fine, download Java, install it and still get the error. Enter new thinking; try a different PC. My other desk has a fairly recent WIN 7 install that I upgraded to WIN 10 only yesterday. Copied the folder to that PC and got a concise JAVA requirement message; downloaded JAVA, installed it and re-started the machine. Double-clicked the file and there was the console pretty as you please! So I just did Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow SACD since that was handy. On to the next phase.

PS - Plan is to upgrade main WIN 7 PC to WIN 10 but hesitant due to it having a working HD Audio Ultra install to make DVD-A discs for the vehicles. If I re-install I may never get it authorized as the servers are gone. I'll test this on the other PC.

I don't know anything about HD Audio Ultra but I can tell you that I was amazed at how great the free Microsoft Upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10 worked. The download took a while and it thunk a lot and rebooted a bunch of times but then EVERYTHING worked perfectly. I didn't even have to enter the windows arthurization code. It just all worked. I was very pleased.

I don't know anything about HD Audio Ultra but I can tell you that I was amazed at how great the free Microsoft Upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10 worked. The download took a while and it thunk a lot and rebooted a bunch of times but then EVERYTHING worked perfectly. I didn't even have to enter the windows arthurization code. It just all worked. I was very pleased.
Same experience - smooth process without issues. Totally unlike when they were officially giving WIN 10 out free with a deadline; that worked on 1 out of 3 machines here.

My settings are below. I can't say if they are the "absolute best", but I'm very happy with them. I use these for converting from ISO to flac files. These are your options:

How do I get SACD into Foobar2000? I looked at components list for "SACD" to download and didn't see it. Named something else?

Back