SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same experience - smooth process without issues. Totally unlike when they were officially giving WIN 10 out free with a deadline; that worked on 1 out of 3 machines here.

It is still free to upgrade from 7 and 8.1.

First congrats to Tim on his first SACD rip! It is sort of liberating.
Second, I was actually slow to go from XP to 7, but I jumped on the Windows 10 upgrades for the other pc's in the house. I opted to buy a full copy of 10 Pro x64 for my main machine.
Oh and a rogue trial program just borked my windows install and coincidentally enough, my recent backups were borked as well, somehow. But I often have a lot of things going on simultaneously so who knows.

True Confessions - Despite buying a BDP 103 months ago for this purpose, frustrations of the process not working for me, I just got this to work for the very first time. My main workhorse WIN 7 Ultimate box wouldn't cooperate so I set the project aside due to lack of patience. Started over today (yes I read posts on this topic over time) and this time it was JAVA run environment error. Fine, download Java, install it and still get the error. Enter new thinking; try a different PC. My other desk has a fairly recent WIN 7 install that I upgraded to WIN 10 only yesterday. Copied the folder to that PC and got a concise JAVA requirement message; downloaded JAVA, installed it and re-started the machine. Double-clicked the file and there was the console pretty as you please! So I just did Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow SACD since that was handy. On to the next phase.

PS - Plan is to upgrade main WIN 7 PC to WIN 10 but hesitant due to it having a working HD Audio Ultra install to make DVD-A discs for the vehicles. If I re-install I may never get it authorized as the servers are gone. I'll test this on the other PC.
At least its not just me! ....................... and I still haven't ripped any SACDs :rolleyes:

First congrats to Tim on his first SACD rip! It is sort of liberating.
Second, I was actually slow to go from XP to 7, but I jumped on the Windows 10 upgrades for the other pc's in the house. I opted to buy a full copy of 10 Pro x64 for my main machine.
Oh and a rogue trial program just borked my windows install and coincidentally enough, my recent backups were borked as well, somehow. But I often have a lot of things going on simultaneously so who knows.
Thanks.
I'd been given the link to what is supposedly the last opportunity to upgrade and created a WIN 10 disc. Since the WIN 7 boxes here were fresh installs I upgraded them. When it's time, I will use it to do a fresh full WIN 10 install on my main box.

Thanks.
I'd been given the link to what is supposedly the last opportunity to upgrade and created a WIN 10 disc. Since the WIN 7 boxes here were fresh installs I upgraded them. When it's time, I will use it to do a fresh full WIN 10 install on my main box.
Can you publish the link Tim?

That’s OK Paul I got some guidance yesterday. Thanks. I do need to Cliff Notes on your process as to whether you make ISOs or DSF files?

Oppo to computer to create ISO
ISO to Foobar to create flac

That’s how I do it, but some people prefer dsf to flac. Since my dog died last year, I don’t think anyone in my house can hear the difference. FWIW, Kodi plays both dsf and flac.

Oppo to computer to create ISO
ISO to Foobar to create flac

That’s how I do it, but some people prefer dsf to flac. Since my dog died last year, I don’t think anyone in my house can hear the difference. FWIW, Kodi plays both dsf and flac.
I just stick with dsf, but it does take up a lot of drive space compared to flac; can I hear the difference 🤷‍♂️

True Confessions - Despite buying a BDP 103 months ago for this purpose, frustrations of the process not working for me, I just got this to work for the very first time. My main workhorse WIN 7 Ultimate box wouldn't cooperate so I set the project aside due to lack of patience. Started over today (yes I read posts on this topic over time) and this time it was JAVA run environment error. Fine, download Java, install it and still get the error. Enter new thinking; try a different PC. My other desk has a fairly recent WIN 7 install that I upgraded to WIN 10 only yesterday. Copied the folder to that PC and got a concise JAVA requirement message; downloaded JAVA, installed it and re-started the machine. Double-clicked the file and there was the console pretty as you please! So I just did Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow SACD since that was handy. On to the next phase.

PS - Plan is to upgrade main WIN 7 PC to WIN 10 but hesitant due to it having a working HD Audio Ultra install to make DVD-A discs for the vehicles. If I re-install I may never get it authorized as the servers are gone. I'll test this on the other PC.
Tim,
Just to let you know you should be fine upgrading to Win 10. My DVD Audio Solo works fine without communicating to the server. I believe the setup file has your unique information already in it, so when it launches and asks for your login info it will work. Hope this makes sense.

Tim,
Just to let you know you should be fine upgrading to Win 10. My DVD Audio Solo works fine without communicating to the server. I believe the setup file has your unique information already in it, so when it launches and asks for your login info it will work. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks Steve! HD Audio Solo works fine w/o server contact; once in a while the credentials panel is empty and my heart skips a beat! Pasting them back in works and then I breathe a sigh of relief.
I've no concerns if UPGRADING to WIN 10, however this 8 year old WIN 7 install should probably be replaced by a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10. The concern is a re-install of HD Audio Solo not making an initial contact. I'll test this on another PC to see if he "left the light on." ;)

My DVD Audio Solo acted the same way. Sometimes I would need to paste the credentials back in. Don't lose them! I was concerned just like you so I first upgraded my Win 7 laptop to Win 10 and ran the setup file on that machine knowing I would have a backup capability on my main Win 7 desktop. It worked fine on the upgraded Win !0 laptop, so I was comfortable upgrading my desktop to Win 10 as well. Works fine on both machines, but I have no use for it now that I traded in my TL for an RDX. Also started setting up my JRiver setup for home audio. I suppose I could offer up my setup file and credentials to a QQ member that still needs DVD-Audio creation capability. I will miss making those homemade DVD-Audios from old title conversions with some of the cool artwork provided. Good luck!

Good Afternoon all,

And I hope that you ar all keeping well.

I have been an inactive member of these forums for a while but my brother in law linked me this profile.

Simply I would, am interested in ripping some of my multi-channel SACDs for playing on my network.

I have an Oppo 103 BR player connected to the home network.

I have yet to read the thread in its entirety, but is there a simple 'How to guide; for this process, or do I need to read the entire thread?

Also what software do I need, I saw a mention of Foobar!

Any links to a succinct 'how-to guide' would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance, and stay safe :)

Good Afternoon all,

I have been an inactive member of these forums for a while but my brother in law linked me this profile.

Simply I would, am interested in ripping some of my multi-channel SACDs for playing on my network.

I have yet to read the thread in its entirety, but is there a simple 'How to guide; for this process, or do I need to read the entire thread?

There is an instruction written and linked to the thread where the news once came out. Haven't checked it myself but I own a Pioneer 170 and that's where I got my instruction from.

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true! (Original thread)
Oppo (link to original Oppo instruction)

Good Afternoon all,

Welcome back to the QQ forum @Sapper_A !

Back