SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, some glitches I sense..

Firstly I have currently an Oppo 203 Player, which isn't possible I understand? Wrong chipset?

Secondly, my Old 105 was modded - so again may not work?

May have to look for another unit?

Which current players can be used, please? Is there a post with such a list?

Thank you in advance

A.

Firstly I have currently an Oppo 203 Player, which isn't possible I understand? Wrong chipset?

Thank you in advance

A.
Hi
There is an alternative post on ripping SACD's which you might find useful in your quest.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/sony-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/This gives you alternative players to use for the ripping process and how to get the software, etc to make it work.
Any questions, fire away.
Cheers
Mike

I believe the only thing likely to break the SACD rip compatibility would be a hacked/custom firmware. For instance there are some alternative firmware versions floating around out there that address things like region restriction, or Cinavia, and while that is entirely unrelated to SACD ripping, the fact is all bets are off if the firmware has been altered.

Other than that it should still work, for example any hardware modifications to the power supply, or the analog output stage, would have no effect on the unit's ability to rip SACD.

Thank you in advance

A.

The 203 will not work, either a different chipset or a different Linux kernel version, or probably both, but it was tested and found to be incompatible.
The 105 will work, however the full list of SACD rip compatible players is here.

Anyone have a complete or working version of instructions for this process on an oppo bdp-103?

The instructions I found say to use sonore iso2dsd
I go to the link, and get these instructions:

• Create a new folder called iso2dsd
  • Download iso2dsd_gui.jar.zip and unzip its content into the iso2dsd folder
  • Download sacd_extract for the operating system you use and unzip its content into the iso2dsd folder
I do this.

Then, the Windows instructions are
  • Double click on iso2dsd_gui.jar
I do - and Windows doesn't know what to do with a .jar file.

I research, find it's an archive file. If I open it with 7zip, there's nothing in the contents that's an executable.

Plus - the original document that tells me to use sonore iso2dsd says OpenISO2DSD(I don’t know about the OSX and Linux versions, butWindowsusersshoulddouble-click oniso2dsd_gui.exe ) So.....the instructions on the download site say to run a .jar file, which windows doesn't know how to run, while the instructions that led me there refer to it as an .exe file, of which I've found no .exe file.

Is it just me, or do these instructions make no sense? How is it anyone figured out how to do this with such obviously flawed instructions? Is there a pre-requisite missing from the instructions that is required in order for a .jar file to run? Or, am I supposed to get an executable for a gui somewhere?

Anyone have a complete or working version of instructions for this process on an oppo bdp-103?

• Download sacd_extract for the operating system you use and unzip its content into the iso2dsd folder
I do this.

I research, find it's an archive file. If I open it with 7zip, there's nothing in the contents that's an executable.

Plus - the original document that tells me to use sonore iso2dsd says OpenISO2DSD(I don’t know about the OSX and Linux versions, butWindowsusersshoulddouble-click oniso2dsd_gui.exe ) So.....the instructions on the download site say to run a .jar file, which windows doesn't know how to run, while the instructions that led me there refer to it as an .exe file, of which I've found no .exe file.

Is it just me, or do these instructions make no sense? How is it anyone figured out how to do this with such obviously flawed instructions? Is there a pre-requisite missing from the instructions that is required in order for a .jar file to run? Or, am I supposed to get an executable for a gui somewhere?
I haven't used my 103 yet for ripping; I use a Sony S5100, but I believe it may be opened with Java, so do you have Java installed?

I do this on a 103 player and a WIN 10 PC without issue but that was last summer. (See Spock’s Brain script for temporary knowledge)
Did you prepare a USB flash drive to insert into the Oppo? No mention of that.

This is my sequence:
Insert flash drive to Oppo; turn on Oppo; app launches flash drive; drawer opens; insert SACD, close drawer.
Click desktop shortcut to the iso2dsd program EXE, starts the extraction process; progress noted on PC screen.

Last edited:

I used this thread to help me

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

Pages 207 & 208 should get you there. Dump your current autoscript download and use the link in MikeyFresh's post to download the autoscript again

Cheers

Martin

1619853004429.png

1619852962008.png

I do this.

I experienced similar issues with the java not working properly.
I found a link in one of the instructions buried in the forum discussions to download jarfix.exe from softonic.com.
It has to do with file associations with Windows.
It makes an automatic correction to the associations and runs perfectly afterwards.

Thanks - those instructions listed above are exactly what I was using.
Turns out the problem is the complete lack of mentioning anything about java on either of those documents, which is a rather glaring oversight, as it is required.
Also, the document referring to the jar file that is opened by java, as an executable .exe file, further adds to the confusion.

I installed java on my computer, and now things are working, and I can now backup my SACDs, since I picked up an Oppo 103 for the downstairs system.

Back