• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SACD's rebirth in Hong Kong

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Only a thousand, hmm 🧐
Based on its online store, the western SACD titles from Hong Kong Universal Music are typically restricted to be sold in the city of HK and Macau only. Probably because HK Universal only has the rights to sell the SACD in those 2 cities only.

As for the 1,000 copies pressed, that's probably referring to the first 1,000 copies being individually numbered. There may be additional copies pressed but without being numbered.

Last edited:

soundboy

QQ Supporter
On elusivedisc.com, I noticed another HK Universal compilation SACD

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hong Kong Universal Music has the belong banner on its Facebook page....

ImportCD has all these titles currently either IN STOCK or available as PRE~ORDERS for $29.39

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Contents of Universal Hong Kong's MEMORY LANE MEMORY SACD [PRESSED in JAPAN]

Selections
  1. Your Song - Elton John
  2. Dream a Little Dream of Me - The Mamas & The Papas
  3. Father and Son - Cat Stevens
  4. Handbags & Gladrags - Rod Stewart
  5. Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones
  6. Reach Out and Touch (Somebody's Hand) - Diana Ross
  7. All I Have to Do is Dream - Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell
  8. All Kinds of Everything - Dana
  9. Come Saturday Morning - The Sandpipers
  10. My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
  11. Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
  12. I'll Be There - Jackson 5
  13. What Becomes of The Broke Hearted - Diana Ross & The Supremes
  14. Interlude - Timi Yuro
  15. If You Go Away - Scott Walker
  16. The Last Waltz - Engelbert Humperdinck
  17. All Right Now - Free
  18. The Look of Love - Dusty Springfield
  19. I'll Never Fall In Love Again - Bobbie Gentry
  20. What the World Needs Now Is Love - Burt Bacharach

soundboy

QQ Supporter
In fact, there’s out two new boxes 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
View attachment 49820
These 2 boxsets are big sellers. Surprisingly, both of Faye Wong's boxsets are taking a backseat to Shirley Kwan's. And Shirley Kwan severed her relationship with HK Universal Music just 2 weeks ago in a very public and unamiable way.

HK Universal Music still hasn't gotten to Faye Wong's albums on HK EMI, which HK Universal now controls.