• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20% Off The Window by David Elias in Multichannel and Stereo DSD (up to DSD 256) and Stereo DSD 512
Use code AOTW until May 1, 2020 to get the savings

AOTW Newsletter.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - The Window
A Top 5 DSD Best Seller

The Window by singer, songwriter and guitarist David Elias is our Album of the Week.

Recorded directly to DSD Stereo and DSD Multichannel at Immersive Studios in Boulder, Colorado by Gus Skinas, this album captures the live arrangements and performances of a group of superb musicians.

Using no compression, no effects, no edits or overdubs on the pure DSD mixes (making use of the Sonoma DSD Workstation and the DSD Wide format) the analog nature of these studio sessions was captured for stunning reproduction.

The Window uses all of the 8 tracks available on the first generation Sonoma DSD Workstation, a live mix was engineered on an analog console by Jeff Shuey. This approach prevented any edits in the mixes, as the background soundscape for the entire album is based on these full-band live performances and can’t be changed.

In addition, 4 spot mics were used to track the vocal, dobro, weissenborn, upright bass, and mandolin/ Irish bouzouki to properly locate those instruments on the soundstage and adjust for gain in the mixes. No other effects or compression were used beyond EQ and panning.

The original intent of this DSD project was to create the most realistic and accurate 5.1 multichannel reproduction of a singer-songwriter acoustic studio performance as possible. Musicians were arranged in a semi-circle in the studio without isolation. Stereo and Multichannel Mixes then created followed locations such that microphone bleeds as well as sound decay was accurately represented.

The NativeDSD DSD 128, DSD 256, DSD 512 editions of the album were created by NativeDSD Mastering Engineer Tom Caulfield with the use of the Signalyst HQPlayer Pro 4 mastering tools and the "EC" modulators. Creating even better and more involving editions of The Window than the original version of the album.

The Windows is available in Stereo and Multichannel DSD (up to DSD 256) and Stereo DSD 512. Save 20% on the album through May 1, 2020, with offer code AOTW at the Native DSD Music Store.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SSP3162D64-the-window

To celebrate their 12th anniversary, UK-based Edition Records has put their entire catalog (at their Bandcamp store) on sale at 25% off, through Wednesday, April 29th. Nothing in surround (that I know of), though some titles are available as 24/96 FLACs and all titles available as 16/44.1 FLACs.

Edition is a real success story, and one of the great independent jazz labels left standing. Early on they specialized in UK and Scandinavian jazz, with names like Verneri Pohjola, Aki Rissanen, Julian Arguelles, Laura Jurd, and Phronesis. Lately they've signed some big American names like Chris Potter, Kurt Elling, Kneebody, and The Bad Plus.

Use sale code Edition 12

https://store.editionrecords.com/

Last edited:
The bar(barian)gain is gone by now. Will let you know if my order gets cancelled/honoured.

Well I don't know for sure what the box will contain, but I have just been informed by amazon.es that the parcel has been shipped!

One the other hand, I wonder if amazon was reading this thread at some point as yesterday they sent an email saying that since it was a marketplace order, if there is any issue with the order, I should be contacting the seller rather than amazon.es :D

One the other hand, I wonder if amazon was reading this thread at some point as yesterday they sent an email saying that since it was a marketplace order, if there is any issue with the order, I should be contacting the seller rather than amazon.es :D
Ditto here - got both messages as well. Switched to "fairly sceptical" mode now. :unsure:
You just never know - dodax-es had the recent Stormwatch deluxe edition for 22 EUR yesterday and it went up to 56 EUR today...
Gotta say I'm almost fine with any variationthat appears in my mailbox - except maybe for the single CD edition (which is around the 22 EUR price tag coincidentally).

To celebrate their 12th anniversary, UK-based Edition Records has put their entire catalog (at their Bandcamp store) on sale at 25% off, through Wednesday, April 29th. Nothing in surround (that I know of), though some titles are available as 24/96 FLACs and all titles available as 16/44.1 FLACs.

Edition is a real success story, and one of the great independent jazz labels left standing. Early on they specialized in UK and Scandinavian jazz, with names like Verneri Pohjola, Aki Rissanen, Julian Arguelles, Laura Jurd, and Phronesis. Lately they've signed some big American names like Chris Potter, Kurt Elling, Kneebody, and The Bad Plus.

Use sale code Edition 12

https://store.editionrecords.com/

Following up with three bits of news, all Bandcamp-related.

First: another good small independent jazz label Posi-Tone just moved its store to Bandcamp, and to celebrate it's discounting everything by 25% through Friday, May 1 (sale code: new25). Unfortunately their back catalogue isn't there yet, but among their new releases, I would recommend One for 25 by the Posi-Tone Swingtet, an all-star nonet featuring many of the label's leaders.

Then: not to be outdone, at its Bandcamp store, the small UK-based independent jazz label Whirlwind has put its back catalogue on sale at 50% off through the weekend. No code needed.

And: Friday would be an excellent day to buy anything at Bandcamp, because for the second time since the pandemic began, the platform is giving its share of the day's revenue to musicians, who as we all know have been hit hard by the shutdown.

Last edited:
20% Off Live at Jazzland by Hans Theessink in Stereo DSD (up to Stereo DSD 512).
Use offer code AOTW through May 8, 2020 to get the savings. Highly recommended!

AOTW_homepage_banner9.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - Live at Jazzland
#1 DSD Best Seller!

Our album of the week is also the #1 DSD Best Seller at NativeDSD Music - Live at Jazzland by Hans Theessink. Recorded live to Analog Tape and then transferred to Stereo DSD 256 with the Playback Designs Pinot Analog to DSD Converter, this is a fine recording of acoustic guitarist and blues singer Hans Theessink from Sommelier du Son (Sommelier of Sound).

Blues Revue says "Hans Theessink is an international blues treasure. He is one of the world's pre-eminent Country Pickers and his warm baritone expresses Blues."

Live at Jazzland is available in Stereo DSD 512, DSD 256, DSD 128, and DSD 64 at the NativeDSD Music Store. It is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

Save 20% on this excellent live album in DSD with offer code AOTW through May 8, 2020. It's a sale not to be missed!

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/sds0016-live-at-jazzland

This has been going on for a while already, and it will continue through the end of May: all Naxos titles at eClassical.com are 50% off.

https://www.eclassical.com/
Hundreds of titles, but no multichannels, unfortunately. Plenty of 24-bit high-res, though, and new releases are included in the sale. Hard to apply filters as you browse, but if you're looking for a specific title, composer, conductor, or ensemble, the site's "QuickSearch" box is good for that.

Last edited:
Back