• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acoustic Sounds is 'blowing out' some of their highly acclaimed Blue Note Mono/Stereo SACDs for 1/2 price but this is THE best deal of all:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...-Blue_Note_SACD_Reissues_Sale_Set-Hybrid_SACD
https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&saleid=552&CategoryID=4

I placed an order with Acoustic Sounds for 10 remastered Blue Note Stereo/Mono SACDs for $100. Surprised the s/h via media mail was only $5.31 and NO sales tax was added.

Of the ten SACDs only two were Mono.

So, Humprof, did you order any new Ludwig during the sale?

I considered buying the '70's Von Karajan 9 Symphonies box on SHM-SACD (2 ch) for the 3rd time. IMHO, the best performances, albeit an analog 2ch mix. I own that box on CD and originally had the LP box. I also bought the '80's Von Karajan CD box. For Surround, I also have the Barenboim/Berliner Statscapelle DVD-A's.

So, I'm not looking to buy any more Beethoven symphonies, except perhaps the aforementioned 2ch SHM-SACD set. Already having over 500 classical albums/(SA) CD's, I'm buying few new classical titles.

Although I'm complete 3 times over on those Symphonies, I have perhaps a couple dozen other Beethoven discs. So, there's a hole that needs more Beethoven.

I am re-buying lots of old SQ/CD-4's as they are rereleased by D-V. It's great to have "discrete" digital Quad copies of old faves like Copland, Bartok, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Ol' Ernest Biggs, Carmina Burana, etc. And I'll be first in line as they rerelease other old Quad faves.

Waiting impatiently for World of Harry Partch to be rereleased in Quad. Mr. Dutton?

I considered buying the '70's Von Karajan 9 Symphonies box on SHM-SACD (2 ch) for the 3rd time. IMHO, the best performances, albeit an analog 2ch mix. I own that box on CD and originally had the LP box. I also bought the '80's Von Karajan CD box. For Surround, I also have the Barenboim/Berliner Statscapelle DVD-A's.

So, I'm not looking to buy any more Beethoven symphonies, except perhaps the aforementioned 2ch SHM-SACD set. Already having over 500 classical albums/(SA) CD's, I'm buying few new classical titles.

Although I'm complete 3 times over on those Symphonies, I have perhaps a couple dozen other Beethoven discs. So, there's a hole that needs more Beethoven.

I am re-buying lots of old SQ/CD-4's as they are rereleased by D-V. It's great to have "discrete" digital Quad copies of old faves like Copland, Bartok, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Ol' Ernest Biggs, Carmina Burana, etc. And I'll be first in line as they rerelease other old Quad faves.

Waiting impatiently for World of Harry Partch to be rereleased in Quad. Mr. Dutton?

Yes, Quad Goddess ..... a Harry Partch mch SACD from D~V would be most welcomed. I too, am oversaturated with COMPLETE Beethoven Symphony Cycles. And that recent sale from Channel Classics for SACDs being literally blown out for under $6 each {I bought 16} satiated my mch classical fix for awhile.

I donno if my budget can handle it. If there were such a thing as a truly discrete surround Beethoven symphony cycle by a respected orchestra, then I'd probably replace my cycles on LP (Toscanini) and CD (Zinman/Tonhalle) with it; otherwise I don't think I can justify it to myself. I've already got a handful of the symphonies (Kleiber/Vienna, Vanska/Minnesota, Haitink/LSO) on SACD, but I'm not overly impressed with any of them, surround-wise. That and the mixed reviews made me pass on the 70s Karajan-in-Atmos and the Bernstein 5.0 cycles, both on DG, when they came out. Maybe I should go for one or the other, just the same? For now I need to spend more time with my complete string quartets box (Cremona, on Audite).

Word to all that!

Last edited:
I donno if my budget can handle it. If there were such a thing a truly discrete surround cycle by a respected orchestra, then I'd probably replace my cycles on LP (Toscanini) and CD (Zinman/Tonhalle) with it; otherwise I don't think I can justify it to myself. I've already got a handful of the symphonies (Kleiber/Vienna, Vanska/Minnesota, Haitink/LSO), but I'm not overly impressed with any of them, surround-wise. That and the mixed reviews made me pass on the 70s Karajan-in-Atmos and the Bernstein 5.0 cycles, both on DG, when they came out. Maybe I should go for one or the other, just the same? For now I need to spend more time with my complete string quartets box (Cremona, on Audite).

Word to all that!
I went for the Karajan-in-Atmos and found it "brick walled" . . . nice to have, but I prefer the lighter Vanska.

Tacet for the (here and there) string Beethoven's, all the way!

I donno if my budget can handle it. If there were such a thing a truly discrete surround cycle by a respected orchestra, then I'd probably replace my cycles on LP (Toscanini) and CD (Zinman/Tonhalle) with it; otherwise I don't think I can justify it to myself. I've already got a handful of the symphonies (Kleiber/Vienna, Vanska/Minnesota, Haitink/LSO), but I'm not overly impressed with any of them, surround-wise. That and the mixed reviews made me pass on the 70s Karajan-in-Atmos and the Bernstein 5.0 cycles, both on DG, when they came out. Maybe I should go for one or the other, just the same? For now I need to spend more time with my complete string quartets box (Cremona, on Audite).

Word to all that!

Actually humprof, those Deep Discount prices aren't really sale prices and if you wait for their next 15% off sale [they just had one last week] you might fare better.

What I have noticed is that both Deep Discount and ImportCD have raised their 'sale' prices on most SACDs across the board over the past year and since they've both added sales tax, the pot isn't as 'sweet' as it once was.

As I posted above, when Channel Classics in Austria had their big blow out sale last year, I actually paid $5.63 each for approximately 16 sealed and fantastic sounding/performed multichannel Channel SACDs ..... delivered and they ALL arrived in perfect shape with nary a cracked case.

And Presto Classical's SACD sales are likewise worth waiting for as well.

Best Buy - Deal of the Day - 9.99 Marvel and Disney Steel Book 4k movies - about 5 Marvels - Capt Marvel - 3 Iron Mans and a Thor Oh and Lion King 2019 the rest Disney cartoon movies - Today 2/16 only

Snood bought 5 and used a 25 dollar Best Buy bux that me knew me had but it expires Sunday and had no Idea, used another 15 card and all 5 for 14 plus bux :SB

k72gV40.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone have a sale code for HD tracks at the moment? I’d like to get Porcupine Tree “In Absentia” but don’t get the emails any more.

Back