• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up Sting fans!
UMD is "getting rid" of the "Mercury Falling" LPs and ONLY charging shipping (about $11)..
note...ONLY USA!!!
I have a soft spot for this album and , even though I KNOW it will be a 44/16 source cause he was "all about digital" since the beginning, I hope the LP will add some warmth and extra sweetness harmonics into play...

Too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks for the heads up!

And yes, some great songs on that one. "Hounds of Winter" is a favorite of mine.

20% Off Debussy Starry Night & Other Works by Michael Lewin with code AOTW thru 5/29/20

AOTW_homepage_banner12.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - Debussy Starry Night & Other Works

Pianist Michael Lewin’s album Debussy Starry Night & Other Works from Sono Luminus is our Album of the Week. Use code AOTW at the Native DSD Music store to get 20% Off on this fine album through May 29, 2020. This is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

Pagodes (Pagodas) are Asian temples, often quite large, notable for their curved roofs and graceful structures. The Japanese colored woodblock prints were the most avidly collected of all prints, and Debussy enthusiastically embraced the French fascination regarding the Orient and Japan in particular, ‘Le japonisme.’ (It was at this time that the famous French pickup line appeared: “Would you like to come up and see my Japanese prints?”.)

Debussy incorporates the pentatonic scale as well as bells, gongs, and gamelans, all suffused with a luminous atmosphere, stylized delicacy, elegant dance movement, and rhythmic counterpoint. Read more in the booklet of the release.

Grego Applegate Edwards from Classical Music Review says "These are some of the most moving performances of these works I have heard. The sonics are wonderful. Don't know Debussy's piano works much? Start with this one."

To make the sale really special, NativeDSD is adding Stereo DSD 256 and Stereo DSD 512 editions of the album to the store this week. Listeners who purchased the earlier DSD 64 and DSD 128 editions of the album can contact Jonas at NativeDSD for special pricing to upgrade their libraries to the DSD 256 and DSD 512 editions of the album.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/DSL92190-debussy-starry-night--preludes-book-i-other-works

20% Off Sale for one of my favorite Jazz albums - the self-titled debut album by the Yuko Mabuchi Trio in DSD Stereo & DSD Multichannel.
Use savings code AOTW. Check it out! (The sale includes a mention of my album review and writer's choice award for the album in Positive Feeback magazine).

AOTW_homepage_banner13.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - Yuko Mabuchi Trio

Yuko Mabuchi Trio is the debut album from this excellent Jazz Trio featuring pianist Yuko Mabuchi, Del Atkins on bass, and Bobby Breton on drums. It is the #1 Top DSD Seller on the Yarlung label at NativeDSD (which is saying a lot given the many fine Yarlung DSD releases we have at the store) and is one of our most popular Jazz DSD releases.

The album is a live direct to Analog Stereo and direct to Multichannel DSD 256 recording. It is available in Stereo DSD (up to DSD 512) and in Multichannel DSD (up to DSD 256). It is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release. We think it is a must-have album for any serious Jazz fan.

Positive Feedback Associate Editor Brian Moura gave the album a Writer's Choice Award when it was released in 2018 - praising it as one of the best albums of the year. He said "Whether listening in Stereo or Multichannel DSD 256, the album captures the fine playing of the musicians with rich helpings of detail, ambiance, and stellar sound quality. In multichannel we hear the trio in the front channels of the room with the surround channels reserved for hall ambiance and audience applause at the end of each selection.

What I find most compelling about this album is its sheer sense of musicality. Once I start listening to the Yuko Mabuchi Trio album, I always play it all the way through. It is literally too good to stop after only one or two tracks. And that is something that few recordings truly deliver. It is no wonder it was a favorite to show audio systems at their best during shows like AXPONA and the Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest. This album has Writer's Choice Award written all over it."

This week, we not only are giving our listeners a 20% discount on new purchases of the album, but we are bringing you a new Stereo DSD 512 edition of the album. Just use the code AOTW through June 5, 2020, at NativeDSD Music to get the savings. And yes, it is as good as you would imagine in Stereo DSD 512!

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/YAR80161DSD-yuko-mabuchi-trio

Back