• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard he's running for Office in 2024, Mikey!

jaromir.jpg

RETURN OF 'THE BLING!"
It would be better then suffering from the DT's!!!!🤣:eek:;)

Marplot, that link is about the Dec 2020 release. Those are 4k original versions plus extended editions. Check this out:

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/20...-announced-a-special-message-from-sean-astin/
From that link:

Warner Bros. is also announcing that in the summer of 2021 it will be releasing a 4K ULTIMATE COLLECTORS’ EDITION with theatrical and extended versions of ALL SIX of the remastered films and new bonus content. Additionally, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first The Lord of the Rings film, a newly remastered Blu-ray trilogy of The Lord of the Rings films will be available in the Fall of 2021, also including the theatrical and extended versions.
If you are like me, and you may not fully grasp the significance of this news – don’t worry, hopefully I can shed some light on the topic. Bottom line – Peter Jackson and the team remastered the entirety of both trilogies (and extended editions), including the special effects, to make these masterpieces of cinema look as amazing and breathtaking on your modern devices as the day we saw them in the theater. And most likely a lot better!.

I am only seeing bonus content and the remastered bluray lotr as the difference.
Peter Jackson and the team remastered the entirety of both trilogies (and extended editions), including the special effects, to make these masterpieces of cinema look as amazing and breathtaking on your modern devices as the day we saw them in the theater.

Remastered special effects means updating the effects themselves. I assume re-rendering them in better resolution, etc. Fixing problem shots, updating the wrong version of Gollum they had to use for Fellowship of the Ring. That's what I believe remastering special effects means.

Yes, I understand remaster. These two releases are remastered. The deluxe edition you are waiting for is all 6 movies, the remastered blueray lotr and a bunch of extras NOT included with the upcomming pair of releases. If you are jazzed about all the extras thats cool. I am quite looking forward to the remastered 4k LOTR that I just spent $68 on.

Their site appears to be severely overrun, as it's taking forever and not loading things.

any recommendations--must-owns?

Aw--you're gonna make me go back through all those pages again?

Nothing I can't live without that I don't already have. But on the first page of the SACDs alone: that Cleveland Symphony box got really good reviews. I have the Messiaen Catalogue d'oiseux and really like it (even though it's just solo piano). All the Jordi Savall sets are amazing packages--not just the music, but bound illustrated books. So I donno. I'll let the real classical fans chime in.

Aw--you're gonna make me go back through all those pages again?

Nothing I can't live without that I don't already have. But on the first page of the SACDs alone: that Cleveland Symphony box got really good reviews. I have the Messiaen Catalogue d'oiseux and really like it (even though it's just solo piano). All the Jordi Savall sets are amazing packages--not just the music, but bound illustrated books. So I donno. I'll let the real classical fans chime in.

According to HRaudio.net, that Cleveland box set is stereo only

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=14323
IMO, the BIS Sibelius symphonies 1~7 are captivating and for 3 MCH SACDS represents a good bargain.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8077749--sibelius-symphonies-nos-1-7
BBC Music Magazine
December 2015

Kamu offers an [easy] sense of movement… intense quiet dynamics and clarity in perfect equilibrium with atmosphere. There's plenty of excitement too: the scherzo of the Second is truly vivacissimo…Three, Seven and above all Six are just perfect, with all the naturalness I want in these elusive masterpieces.

Last edited:
Joni Mitchell Archive Vol. 1 at great price: $27.10!!!
Limited time only
https://www.oldies.com/product-view/89187S.html
Great price, though they do get you on shipping: $7.98!
But free shipping for order over $75.

I just ordered 3 of the Archives. With tax came to $85.86. Less than $29 each shipped. Unbeatable, but act quickly!

Back