(same album) LP vs. CD Matrix Decoding

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfbkfb

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I don't have any matrix encoded content (same album) on both LP and CD.

I was wondering if there's a noticeable directionality difference between the LP and CD (non-logic or logic decoder) of the same album (phono cartridges may have significant phase shift whereas newer CD players don't) thru the same matrix decoder?

Kirk Bayne

I don't have any matrix encoded content (same album) on both LP and CD.

I was wondering if there's a noticeable directionality difference between the LP and CD (non-logic or logic decoder) of the same album (phono cartridges may have significant phase shift whereas newer CD players don't) thru the same matrix decoder?

Kirk Bayne

I'd say there is a noticeable improvement on the CD over the vinyl lp of Larry Fast's -Synergy Electronic Realizations . I have both.(QS)
And Ditto with an improvement with the CD of Manuel Gottshing's -Inventions For Electric Guitar. (SQ), and also one more where the encoded DVD surpasses the vinyl album...Barclay James Harvest -Once Again (SQ)
Kevin Coyne -In Living Black And White has a slight edge with the CD over my vinyl lp.(SQ)

So in my opinion the CD seems to come out on top.

And two more I have both of Dan Hicks -Strikes It Rich ! (QS) ,as well as BB King -Best Of (QS) ,again the winner is the CD copies.

Back