Samsung Dual Format Blu-ray/HD DVD player details announced.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Gerhard

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Samsung has released two Blu-ray players, the BD-P1000 and BD-P1200 and announced two more, the BD-P1400 and BD-P2400. Here are the details for the upcoming dual format, Blu-ray/HD DVD player, the BD-UP5000. Again no SACD/DVD-A, what a shame.

http://www.electronichouse.com/arti...fo_about_its_dual_blu_ray_hd_dvd_player/C157/

Samsung also recently announced a $150,000,000 loss, I wonder if all of these product releases and announcements are related. My guess is that Samsung is taking it on the chin to try to jump start the struggling next generation disc player market. A dual format player can't help, if the goal is profits, although if Samsung holds the line on the price, I expect it will be one of the few players with a profit on each unit sold. I believe Sony is losing a fortune on the PS3, maybe a billion, maybe more, and I believe the $200 with 5 free discs Toshiba HD DVD player is a money loser.

Chris

I own the Samsung BD-UP 5000 Blu Ray & HD DVD Player. I have never regretted buying it. I have almost as many HD DVD's as Blu Ray's. I can simply buy them for a lot less money, and the quality is the same. I use a separate DVD Changer from Toshiba for my DVD-A's & my SACD's. Works for me.

Back