Sansui info (blend resistors, other mods, schematics, etc...)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm a new member (having lurked for a long time, now trying to reorganize my quad equipment), but if I may be so bold can we start a thread on the Sansui units?
Now that quadbob's name is mud maybe it's a good time to go against his "protective wishe$";) and make the location of the blend resistors common knowledge. I might even suggest that it's at the owner's discretion if they want to alter their own equipment?
I'm sure my local tech could do this with the right information. Which leads me to another suggestion, could we get the schematics for the units hosted online somewhere? I can offer to scan the original 9001 schematics to get things started (is there already hosting space QQ can utilize for this?).
Personally, I would be extremely grateful if someone could post info on the blend resistors and/or schematic for the qsd-2.
Anyway...just a suggestion.
-Cat

There was a good thread previously posted, I believe it was in General Hardware, about this subject.
A search should be able to find it.

(from a previous thread in General Hardware)
On board F-2087 it's R39 and R40
On board F-2088 it's R601
Then need to do adjust something??(it was posted in that thread) using a test tone to get the best separation.

vinylguy4

There was a good thread previously posted, I believe it was in General Hardware, about this subject.
A search should be able to find it.

(from a previous thread in General Hardware)
On board F-2087 it's R39 and R40
On board F-2088 it's R601
Then need to do adjust something??(it was posted in that thread) using a test tone to get the best separation.

vinylguy4
Thank you vinylguy4, I'm planning on searching and reading through some threads during the holidays.

Hi Cat,
I have a service restoring and upgrading Sansui, but mainly focusing on the QRX's. We also have put up some of the kinds of information you are asking about. My philosophy is that we gladly work on people's units when, for whatever reason, they don't want to do it themselves, and, make available as much info as we can for those who do. I don't think any of this quad data should be secret. Check it out.

http://www.qrxrestore.com/

I am working on an updated schematic for the output driver board f2624. I will post it here when I get it done, as well on my site. There are tons of errors on the 9001 schematics. The f2624 schematic, in particular, has big errors on it.

Back