Sansui QRX-6500 Street Find!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedup55

Hi, this is my first post on quadraphonicquad. Last summer I acquired a Sansui QRX-6500 from the side of the street, left for free, in pretty decent condition. I let is sit in the house for a could of weeks, on the chance of any moisture to dry up, I plugged it in, and no shit it worked! What a really nice tuner section! I did find a small amount of saw dust when I cleaned the pots and slide switches. Ended up replacing all the electrolytic’s on both the intermediate and main pwr supply boards, after checking all components. The service manual I have, doesn’t show what output voltage for the adjustment. I read online. 25 volts at pin fifteen? Is this correct, if so , can you direct me to that pin? Or other procedure?

Hi, this is my first post on quadraphonicquad. Last summer I acquired a Sansui QRX-6500 from the side of the street, left for free, in pretty decent condition. I let is sit in the house for a could of weeks, on the chance of any moisture to dry up, I plugged it in, and no shit it worked! What a really nice tuner section! I did find a small amount of saw dust when I cleaned the pots and slide switches. Ended up replacing all the electrolytic’s on both the intermediate and main pwr supply boards, after checking all components. The service manual I have, doesn’t show what output voltage for the adjustment. I read online. 25 volts at pin fifteen? Is this correct, if so , can you direct me to that pin? Or other procedure?
Saw dust in the pots?!!
Cool find. Yes 1st thing to do is V+ which should be 25. Be very careful too low things get wonky. A teensy bit too high things get fried. Good luck have fun & keep us updated.

Edit: sorry I can't answer specifically as to pin 15. I dont know which chip you are reffering to. The power supply & pot is usually easy to sort out by inspection. Try looking for that.

Last edited:
Back