Sansui QRX 7500 For Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

monkeyboydc

I stopped at a pawn shop today in the Seattle area and found a Sansui QRX 7500 for sale. They are asking $225, but might be negotiable. However, the shop owner is very aware of the value of these old receivers. He sells on Ebay if he can't sell them in the store. Cosmetically the receiver is in very nice condition. It wasn't hooked up to speakers so I didn't listen to it.
This one is definitely not the high end vario matrix type, correct? If anyone is interested in it let me know. I could test it out if someone from out of the area was interested.

I am under the impression that all of the QRX series receivers are some version of Variomatrix. It should say so under the QS logo, but not necessarily.

The Quadfather

AFAIK, in researching my QRX 3000, it's an earlier version of Variomatrix on the non QRX x001 models. Same as Type B (I think) on the x001 series.

Could be wrong (got any new info for me QUADANASAZILANDS ?)

I live in the Seattle area and have never been lucky enough to run across any Sansui models, so I'm intrigued. But the price seems a bit steep to me. In looking at completed auctions on Ebay the only units bringing high prices are the QRX-9001's. The x500 series and lower number x001 models seem to be selling in the $75 - $150 range. A QRX 7500A went for about $150 recently.
So, assuming this pawn shop owner would be very negotiable on the price, what is the consensus on the desirability of the QRX 7500? To be honest, it would be a rare occasion when I'd use it to play a QS album. I think I only have one or two QS albums. I would however enjoy a really great quad synthesizer for stereo recordings. Would it be advisable to just hold out for a x001 series? Or would this QRX 7500 be worth considering?

7500 has 2 ic's and gets 20 db's of sep at adjacent channels and 12 or 15 diagonally. Better then most of the rest (brands). The 01 units get 30 db's diag. sep.

Dave

Back