Sansui QRX-8001 Power

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadjoe

Got a question for you all: I'm thinking about bidding on a Sansui QRX-8001 receiver on eBay, and the seller is claiming that it has 200 watts per channel, I'm pretty sure that that is wrong and that it is probably around 50 watts per channel. Does anyone here know for sure?

Thanks,

quadjoe

WRONG!!!

My 999 (if I ever see it again) is 120 watts stereo, 60 watts quad. I think the 8001 was 100 and 50.

:-jon

Wow! Thanks for a quick response! I am always amazed by the hype on eBay, of course a lot of the sellers don't really know this stuff, and I think that they just guess. Anyway, your response has helped me decide on my maximum bid, so thank you again.

That is probably the total wattage figure. 50 watts x 4= 200. I have also seen people use the power input wattage figure that is usually printed by where the power cord enters the receiver. If it were 200 watts per channel RMS using the technology of the day, you would almost need a forklift to pick it up.

The Quadfather

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU:

Does the QRX-8001 built in CD-4 demodulator, and how do you adjust separation and carrier level on it? Which are the differences with QRX-9001?
thanks.

Back