Sansui QRX-9001 at Goodwill

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they offer shipping. I would not pay that much though, especially if I couldn't do repairs myself. I confess that I am a separates person. If it was me I'd rather spend my money on separate decoder(s) (which I have). It's very hard to find vintage Sansui Quad stuff at reasonable prices these days. Similar high prices for Marantz but the Sansui QRX's at least have much better decoders, built in.

A couple of bent switches that look like an easy fix.

Hmmm…. Maybe, but equally they might just snap off when you try and bend them back, and of course if someone has applied that much force to the levers what damage might it have done to the switch mechanisms themselves? And if there were that much casual damage I’d suspect the unit hadn’t been treated very well in general. Dropped from a height onto to its front panel perhaps?

I’d avoid it at any price, let alone the current bid of $1,000 – especially since it sounds as though it suffered some significant failure after they powered it up.

Last edited:
Back