Sansui QRX-9001 from eBay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Covid-19 lockdowns have seen savings accounts blossom with unspent 'discretionary' funds (restaurant dining, theater tickets, etc.) for darn near everyone I know.

After squirreling-away those bucks, adding 'Covid Relief' checks on top made some wildly unlikely -- albeit long-desired -- expenditures awfully tempting.
Such as the formidable SANSUI QRX-9001.

And so it was that TWICE this year I've been in active eBay-bidding above the +$2,000.00 level for this loveliest of all classic audio monsters.
Didn't win either time and then last week came a third shot.

Sure would like to know who bought this one -- and what passion drove more than one bidder to soar higher than twice my limit:
USD_4550_SANSUI_QRX-9001.PNG

WOW!

Covid-19 lockdowns have seen savings accounts blossom with unspent 'discretionary' funds (restaurant dining, theater tickets, etc.) for darn near everyone I know.

After squirreling-away those bucks, adding 'Covid Relief' checks on top made some wildly unlikely -- albeit long-desired -- expenditures awfully tempting.

And so it was that TWICE this year I've been in active eBay-bidding above the +$2,000.00 level for this loveliest of all classic audio monsters.

Sure would like to know who bought this one -- and what passion drove more than one bidder to soar higher than twice my limit:
View attachment 65576

WOW!
🤯 Especially with "Limited Testing Done" :unsure:

View attachment 65576

WOW!
Crazy. You can buy a totally refurbished one from the QRX Restore for about half that price.

In all the years I've been aware of QXRESTORE, even checking periodically, I've never once seen a QRX-9001 available for sale.
Crazy. You can buy a totally refurbished one from the QRX Restore for about half that price.

Is there some secret method of learning what's available -- and when -- that you'd be willing to share?
Don't you have to OWN one, queue-up for service, wait your turn, ship it and when returned you'll possess a fully re-capped/Holy Grail-aligned gem?

It was about 5 years ago that I was most serious about pursuing services from QRXRESTORE and that was for lesser SANSUI quad gear than top-of-the-line.

I lost some enthusiasm when Jim Showker passed away -- three years ago already -- but the shop services clearly carry on and being in an excellent position to pursue this now I appreciate your note.

However....
I contacted them, saying I was interested in buying one. It took a few months for them to aquire one and overhaul. But it was worth the wait.

Given this listed price, how much MORE did you have to spend for them to acquire the unit in the first place?
listed_price.JPG

It was around $2400. Yes, a large chunk of change, but I felt more confident getting it directly from them. I didn't have to buy it sight unseen from someone else, ship it out there, get it shipped back and hope for the best. They pretty much took care of everything. It took several months of waiting, but I felt it was worth it.

They had been slow to respond when I had some questions, but they always responded and I felt that was very important.

Back