Sansui QRX-9001 INPUTS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I'm considering replacing my Pioneer QX-949 w/ a Sansui QRX-9001. I have never seen the Sansui in person, but I have seen images on the internet. From the rear view it appears to be incredibly lacking on inputs. From the photos I've seen I count only 18 phono inputs on the rear. My Pioneer has 34 and I'm still short on inputs with that. Are there really that few inputs on a Sansui?
Seems strange for the most expensive quad receiver ever built. Please let me know if I'm mistaken about this.

hi Doc

yeah you are right the sansui QRX-9001 has less imputs than any of the Big quad receivers, but easy to fix get a pair of DBX 200 route selectors and you will have more imputs than you'll ever need ????? and from a Pioner 949 to a 9001 it's like day & night difference, over the past 10 years i have owned different quad receivers (JVC/PIONEER/MARANTZ/HK/KENWOODto name a few) and the Sansui 9001 was the best. i made 2 mistakes in life one was getting married;) the other sold my Sansui QRX-9001:mad: thanks Gerardo;)

Thanks Gerardo,
I thought the dbx boxes might be the solution, but I couldn't remember which ones to look for. Regarding those boxes, do they have four channel inputs or are they stereo and you use two of them ganged together?

hi George

yeah the DBX 200 route selectors are stereo and you need 2 of them, i'm using 4 on my system so i can run all of my quad stuff in one 5.1 imput, and i'm running alot (2 Q4 decks/2 Q8 decks/1 QS/1 SQ/1 CD-4 demo/ 2 turntables/1 AC-3 demo/1 DTSdemo/2 dbx 3bx/1 dbx 1bx/ 2 dbx snr-1 /2 ADC sub harmonic /1 SACD/1 DVD-A/1 cd player 1 cassette deck/1 heathkit scope) all of them ganged together. so don't worry about the 9001 not having too many imputs, i didn't when i got my 5.1 ready receiver, but if you are able to get your hands on a 9001 so will be a very happy quad camper. ok thanks Gerardo;)

Good Doctor what in the heck? (saw your 9001 bid) Don't bid on the 9001's on ebay just get one from QuadBob and let him make you a unit that will last 25 more years.

Dave

Yeah, it's called Ebay fever. I had no intention of going that high, but sort of got caught up in chasing the elusive 9001.
Quad Bob sent me an email after my first posting about 9001's, but he never got back to me when I asked for a price.
If his website is any indication of prices it sounds like you're talking in the area of $1,000 for a Quad Bob restored 9001?
I just don't know if I could ever convince the cheapskate in myself to spend that kind of money.
What I should really do is just forget the whole thing and be satisfied with what I've already got.

Back