Sansui QSD-1 unit up for Auction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All

Another Sansui QSD-1 unit up for Auction on Jauce Auction site not long to go on this one be quick powers on no sound test.
BBQ..

( https://www.jauce.com/auction/b499202030 )

i-img1198x898-15986387701mden52691059.jpg

i-img898x1198-1598638770iwy42b2691059.jpg

i-img1198x898-1598638770ddw0lc2691059.jpg

Some for sale on eBay as well, all for about $1000 CAD. A bit too much given that you can get a SM much cheaper. I do love that the QSD-1 is built like a battle ship though, no other decoder has nearly as heavy construction!

Some for sale on eBay as well, all for about $1000 CAD. A bit too much given that you can get a SM much cheaper. I do love that the QSD-1 is built like a battle ship though, no other decoder has nearly as heavy construction!

Yes they seem to still hold there price on eBay but at the moment the one on Jauce Auction is going for 1000 Yen. which is about $10 US..

Yes they seem to still hold there price on eBay but at the moment the one on Jauce Auction is going for 1000 Yen. which is about $10 US..
YATTA! I'll take the $10 QSD-1!
When I look at vintage gear like this including Fosgate Tate, S&IC, or about any other I am so grossed out by how terrible the RCA phono jacks are. Like they've been corroding under sea for decades. At one time gold plated jacks, plugs, sealed pots & all seemed so fancy. But it really has been a good advancement.

YATTA! I'll take the $10 QSD-1!
When I look at vintage gear like this including Fosgate Tate, S&IC, or about any other I am so grossed out by how terrible the RCA phono jacks are. Like they've been corroding under sea for decades. At one time gold plated jacks, plugs, sealed pots & all seemed so fancy. But it really has been a good advancement.

Hi. Sonik Wiz

Yes some of my vintage stuff I get the RCA phono are a bit corroded and I go out of my way to buff them up to look clean I clean all my RCA connection at least once a year on all my gear it`s pain in the butttt but..
BBQ...

Last edited:
Don't forget that Japan is a bunch of islands in the middle of a salty ocean. Rust, corrosion and mold are a reality to anyone collecting vintage electronics or records from Japan, especially if it/they are stored in a shed or garage. Fortunately the electronics survive well after cleaning jacks and contacts.

Back