Sansui quad demo acetate

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Wow! Very interesting. I wonder if it is related to the US ABC Command releases?

:-jon

Obbop

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Just magine if it is the rumored Beatles quad experiment... if so it might be worth $30,000 or more!!!!

Careful with that acetate. It's only designed to be played once or twice!!! Brittle, too. Will flake off the usually aluminum backing platter.

quadanasaziland

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Yes I have been watching it and the curriosity is killing me! So I have put a high bid on it. Jezzz its probably some thing lame.

Dave

quadanasaziland

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Well the Sansui acetate came yesterday and it is very curious indeed! I don't have it in front of me as I am at work right now. When I took it out of the sleeve which was made in the UK, the first thing I noticed was what looked like mold spots on the outer edge and around the label so into the spin-clean it went and that got rid of 90% of the spooge. There is a couple of spots that will need some more spot work w/ discwasher brush/fluid. Played pretty clean considering. I need help ID-ing this thing. Side one has 4 tracks the first being a cathedral organ piece that is about 4mins long, mostly ambiance in the rears. The next 2 tracks are quartet classical things that are very short and again mostly ambi rears. The 4th track started with a synthisizer riff and then really suprised me by putting a spanish guitar over that, I went from visions of Synergy to Matolla. Very quad! Side 2 is very strange as it has only one track laid down with normal groove spacing. Probably 4-5 mins long, kinda a pop/rock thing that was sung by some one I never heard before and the song was unfamiliar too! Pretty mild quad not ping pong. Not one of the usual sampler remake songs. The rest of side 2 is a runner groove to the end. Marks discography page has only one or two qs samplers that would even fit. The label has an address on Picadilly. If any one would like me to post a pic of the label I can if it would help to ID this thing. Dave

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Anyone has a
Well the Sansui acetate came yesterday and it is very curious indeed! I don't have it in front of me as I am at work right now. When I took it out of the sleeve which was made in the UK, the first thing I noticed was what looked like mold spots on the outer edge and around the label so into the spin-clean it went and that got rid of 90% of the spooge. There is a couple of spots that will need some more spot work w/ discwasher brush/fluid. Played pretty clean considering. I need help ID-ing this thing. Side one has 4 tracks the first being a cathedral organ piece that is about 4mins long, mostly ambiance in the rears. The next 2 tracks are quartet classical things that are very short and again mostly ambi rears. The 4th track started with a synthisizer riff and then really suprised me by putting a spanish guitar over that, I went from visions of Synergy to Matolla. Very quad! Side 2 is very strange as it has only one track laid down with normal groove spacing. Probably 4-5 mins long, kinda a pop/rock thing that was sung by some one I never heard before and the song was unfamiliar too! Pretty mild quad not ping pong. Not one of the usual sampler remake songs. The rest of side 2 is a runner groove to the end. Marks discography page has only one or two qs samplers that would even fit. The label has an address on Picadilly. If any one would like me to post a pic of the label I can if it would help to ID this thing. Dave
Hi, anyone having a picture of it ? THANKS

jaybird100

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Record it ASAP! It can deteriorate with excess playing. I'd be curious to hear it, too. I might, possibly know what some of the tracks are.