Sansui quad demo acetate

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Very interesting. I wonder if it is related to the US ABC Command releases?

:-jon

Just magine if it is the rumored Beatles quad experiment... if so it might be worth $30,000 or more!!!!

Careful with that acetate. It's only designed to be played once or twice!!! Brittle, too. Will flake off the usually aluminum backing platter.

Yes I have been watching it and the curriosity is killing me! So I have put a high bid on it. Jezzz its probably some thing lame.

Dave

Well the Sansui acetate came yesterday and it is very curious indeed! I don't have it in front of me as I am at work right now. When I took it out of the sleeve which was made in the UK, the first thing I noticed was what looked like mold spots on the outer edge and around the label so into the spin-clean it went and that got rid of 90% of the spooge. There is a couple of spots that will need some more spot work w/ discwasher brush/fluid. Played pretty clean considering. I need help ID-ing this thing. Side one has 4 tracks the first being a cathedral organ piece that is about 4mins long, mostly ambiance in the rears. The next 2 tracks are quartet classical things that are very short and again mostly ambi rears. The 4th track started with a synthisizer riff and then really suprised me by putting a spanish guitar over that, I went from visions of Synergy to Matolla. Very quad! Side 2 is very strange as it has only one track laid down with normal groove spacing. Probably 4-5 mins long, kinda a pop/rock thing that was sung by some one I never heard before and the song was unfamiliar too! Pretty mild quad not ping pong. Not one of the usual sampler remake songs. The rest of side 2 is a runner groove to the end. Marks discography page has only one or two qs samplers that would even fit. The label has an address on Picadilly. If any one would like me to post a pic of the label I can if it would help to ID this thing. Dave

Anyone has a
Well the Sansui acetate came yesterday and it is very curious indeed! I don't have it in front of me as I am at work right now. When I took it out of the sleeve which was made in the UK, the first thing I noticed was what looked like mold spots on the outer edge and around the label so into the spin-clean it went and that got rid of 90% of the spooge. There is a couple of spots that will need some more spot work w/ discwasher brush/fluid. Played pretty clean considering. I need help ID-ing this thing. Side one has 4 tracks the first being a cathedral organ piece that is about 4mins long, mostly ambiance in the rears. The next 2 tracks are quartet classical things that are very short and again mostly ambi rears. The 4th track started with a synthisizer riff and then really suprised me by putting a spanish guitar over that, I went from visions of Synergy to Matolla. Very quad! Side 2 is very strange as it has only one track laid down with normal groove spacing. Probably 4-5 mins long, kinda a pop/rock thing that was sung by some one I never heard before and the song was unfamiliar too! Pretty mild quad not ping pong. Not one of the usual sampler remake songs. The rest of side 2 is a runner groove to the end. Marks discography page has only one or two qs samplers that would even fit. The label has an address on Picadilly. If any one would like me to post a pic of the label I can if it would help to ID this thing. Dave

Hi, anyone having a picture of it ? THANKS

Record it ASAP! It can deteriorate with excess playing. I'd be curious to hear it, too. I might, possibly know what some of the tracks are.

I notice there was a question regarding Command Studios which I had read was fully equipped for quadraphonic recording in my past readings on London's Quad Studios.
We all know of , or should know of , Abbey Road , Advision , Decca's Threshold , and Pye being quad recording Studios.

So I googled Command Studios for quadraphonic recording info .
And found this ;

Command Studios Piccadilly (London) was established in 1970 as a sale of the BBC'S former Piccadilly Studio.

"Around 1971 Command put in quadraphonic equipment : four panpots on each of the 3 control desks as well as extra speakers in the control rooms .Each control room was equipped with a 24J24 automated processes desk ,
an 8/16 Track Scully tape machine convertible to 24 tracks and 2 Scullys to provide one to four track facilities."

Information via Gearspace.com

Back