Santana - Abraxas Japanese Quad SACD Officially Announced (October 28, 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am psyched but I am seriously not a big fan of all the swag raising the price. A regular SACD package would be fine for me. This will find a place on top of one of my bookshelves. I just want the music sounding fantastic in Quad!

Mine arrived!

Attachments

• 20200923_204229.jpg
    20200923_204229.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 99
<50th Anniversary 2nd> "Abraxas-SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition", which is said to be Santana's masterpiece, will be released! The first "Santana SA-CD Multi Hybrid Edition" is on sale today!
RELEASE
In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the release of Santana's first US album chart No. 1 in 1970's second album "Abraxas" (original title: Abraxas), the world's first SA-CD multi-hybrid version is 10 It has been decided that it will be released on Wednesday, 28th of March.
Following "Santana-SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition-" released today (23rd), the second 50th anniversary series of the world's coveted Santana fans.

This is a great best-selling album that has been described as a masterpiece throughout Santana's career, and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide. The single-cut Fleetwood Mac cover "Black Magic Woman" was known as the song that ignited Santana's popularity in Japan as well as hitting No. 4 on the US single chart, "Santana = It became one of the most symbolic songs of "Latin Rock".
In addition, "Listen to my rhythm" by Tito Puente, a Latin Latin tycoon (original title: Oye Como Va), and the beautiful guitar instrumental ballad "Samba Pa Ti" (original title: Samba). Early representative songs such as Pa Ti) are recorded. Two years after the release of this original stereo board, the 4ch surround mix = quadraphonic board appeared in 1972. At that time, the Japanese version was also released, but after the transition to the CD in the 1980s, it was the only one released overseas in the DTS format (currently discontinued) in the early '00s, and the multi-channel version of the SA-CD was released. This is the first time in the world.

Similar to "Santana SA-CD Multi Hybrid Edition", this edition also performs DSD mastering of the original 4ch mix master sound source at Sony Music Studios in Japan for the first time in the world, and also plays SA-CD 2ch and CD. It is a possible hybrid disc specification.
Both SA-CD 2ch and CD layer are the latest remastered discs from the original 2ch mix master sound source, but the biggest listening point is SA-CD 4ch. Carlos Santana's guitar and Gregg Rolie's keyboard circulate around the four speakers, and various rhythm instruments sound lively from all directions so as to surround the listener, which is a different dimension from the stereo mix. You can enjoy the soundscape of.
Furthermore, the fact that the other take that does not exist in the stereo mix and the vivid shout of the members remaining on the master tape are adopted as they are in some places makes us feel the rarity of this quadraphonic mix. The package is a 7-inch paper jacket that is an elaborate resize of the Japanese version of Quadraphonic LP, and the poster that was enclosed in the Japanese version analog single jacket and original LP at that time is reproduced.

Product information
Santana
"Abraxas-SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition"
(English notation: Abraxas -Multi-ch Hybrid Edition-)

202009231240250.jpg

Product number: SICP 10135
Price: ¥ 4,500 + tax
Released on October 28 (Wednesday) 
[Limited Edition / Japan Original  Plan]

[Features of SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition]
202009231046021.jpg

● [SA-CD 4ch] The first DSD mastering of the analog 4ch mix master sound source of the quadraphonic board that appeared in 1972 at Sony Music Studio in Japan
● [SA-CD 2ch / CD] Both SA-CD and CD are analog・ New mastering from 2ch mix master
● 7-inch paper jacket
that reproduces the artwork of the Japanese version original quadraphonic LP for the first time ● Reproduces the gold label of the US version original quadraphonic
● "Black Magic Woman" "Oye Como" Japanese edition single jacket reprint of "Va" and "Samba Pa Ti"
● Inner bag printed with Japanese version advertisement of Quadraphonic
● Resized reproduction of original LP enclosed poster
● Japanese edition original Quadraphonic LP first edition band reproduction
● Nostalgic 1970 Original Liner Notes, 2006 Liner Notes Reprint + Booklet with New Commentary
● 2020 Latest Remastered Edition

[Songs]
1. Singing Winds, Crying Beasts / Wind sings, Beasts scream
2. Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen / Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen 
3. Oye Como Va / Listen to my rhythm
4. Incident at Neshabur
5. Se A Cabo / Everything is never over
6. Mother's Daughter
7. Samba Pa Ti / Samba to Dedicate to
You 8. Hope You're Feeling Better 8. Hope You're Feeling Better A Feeling Better
9. El Nicoya / El Nicoya

software translation

March 28th is not a Wednesday but October 28th is....

From Yahoo News Japan (translated to English):

View attachment 56721

Santana <50th Anniversary 2nd>, "Abraxas of Heaven-SA-CD Multi Hybrid Edition", which is said to be the best masterpiece, will be released

Santana's first 1970 years of the second album that won the US album chart first place " heaven of the Guardian " (original title: Abraxas) to celebrate the launch 50th anniversary of, the world's first appearance SA-CD multi-hybrid board is 10 It has been decided that it will be released on Wednesday, 28th of March. Following "Santana-SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition-" released today (23rd), it will be the second in the 50th anniversary series of the world's coveted Santana fans.

This is a great best-selling album that has been described as a masterpiece throughout Santana's career, and has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide. The single-cut Fleetwood Mac cover "Black Magic Woman" was known as the song that ignited Santana's popularity in Japan as well as hitting No. 4 on the US single chart, "Santana = It became one of the most symbolic songs of "Latin Rock". In addition, "Listen to my rhythm" by Tito Puente, a Latin Latin tycoon (original title: Oye Como Va), and the beautiful guitar instrumental ballad "Samba Pa Ti" (original title: Samba). Early representative songs such as Pa Ti) are recorded. Two years after the release of this original stereo board, the 4ch surround mix = quadraphonic appeared in 1972.It is a board. At that time, the Japanese version was also released, but after the transition to the CD in the 1980s, it was the only one released overseas in the DTS format in the early '00s (currently out of print), and the SA-CD has become multi-channel. This is the first time in the world. Similar to "Santana SA-CD Multi Hybrid Edition", this edition also performs DSD mastering of the original 4ch mix master sound source at Sony Music Studios in Japan for the first time in the world, and also plays SA-CD 2ch and CD. It is a possible hybrid disc specification. Both SA-CD 2ch and CD layer are the latest remastered discs from the original 2ch mix master sound source, but the biggest listening point is SA-CD 4ch. Carlos Santana 's guitar and Gregg Rolie. You can enjoy a soundscape that is different from the stereo mix, such as the keyboard circling around the four speakers and various rhythm instruments ringing lively from all directions so as to surround the listener. In addition, the other take that does not exist in the stereo mix and the vivid shout of the members remaining on the master tape are adopted as they are in some places, which makes us feel the rarity of this quadraphonic mix. The package is a 7-inch paper jacket that is an elaborate resize of the Japanese version of Quadraphonic LP, and the poster that was enclosed in the Japanese version analog single jacket and original LP at that time is reproduced.

"Abraxas-SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition" Released on Wednesday, October 28, 2020
SICP 10135
¥ 4,500 + tax Limited Edition / Japan Original Edition

Songs
1. Singing Winds, Crying Beasts
2. Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen
3. Oye Como Va
4. Incident at Neshabur
5. Se A Cabo
6. Mother's Daughter
7. Samba Pa Ti
8. Hope You're Feeling Better
9. El Nicoya

Judging from the promo image, it looks like the package will include all the original Japanese 45rpm single covers, including the Black Magic Woman/Everybody's Everything SQ single, along with the original album poster and the usual SQ ephemera.
OMG OMG OMG......I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTO......TOO MANY RELEASES......what to do what to do what to do :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ........Love the packaging on this one!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG......I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTO......TOO MANY RELEASES......what to do what to do what to do :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ........Love the packaging on this one!!!!!

You can always augment your income by selling 24k Gold Purity Rings. What better time to be chaste than during a Pandemic?

See the source image

Or, marketing a Select Line of Praying Mattresses

See the source image

See the source image

HUH?

Last edited:
With all these Japanese 7" sets being released just remember 1970/71 were HUGE years for releases!!!! Lookie here what's due any time now....just for beginners

Deja Vu
All Things Must Pass

and I"m sure these will be major boxed set editions..... better start remortaging your houses NOW!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I still have to pay it from amazon japan for like a buck or 3 depending on the release.
There is NO VAT from CDJapan....at least for the US

NO VAT from Amazon UK either

Amazon Japan I've not ever gotten an order from yet because they all have gotten cancelled for one reason or another, not by me :mad:

Can anybody please help with a link to Amazon JP? I haven't been able to find it myself. Thanks in advance!

Back