Santana - Abraxas Japanese Quad SACD Officially Announced (October 28, 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok!, so I ordered both Santanas and HH Headhunter.
At CDJapan, site said -1000JPY (2 coupons)...
-700 and -300, but at checkout with P/P, selecting both won’t happen, so obviously I choose -700JPY.
Selected DHL, $136 total ~ 2-3 days, if all true....nice!

DHL is as good or better than most.
I just received another 230V Sansui SC-5330 compact cassette deck (with rack ears) from the UK today, arrived in 2 days.

Well everyone can laugh at me, yea I bought from CDjapan too but I chose airmail shipping and it appears to be on hiatus.
I have emailed cdjapan when it will ship and if I change the shipping method.
So I now own a disc that CDJapan is storing for me. I dont want to be charged rent!
I ordered both Santana releases from cdjapan and went for registered airmail, hoping to beat customs charges but probably won’t, and received confirmation of dispatch this morning.

Supply seems to be fairly quickly headed toward zero, and their listing does state “limited edition”.
It does not say how many copies will be manufactured in total, and I’m also guessing they are not each serially numbered like the first run of the Beatles’ White Album.

It is hard to find because it listed with every version ever created.. you have to select the 2020 one lol. On Amazon Japan.

Mine arrived this morning! FedEx. Love the mirror finish on the cover. Sounds great and totally different from my Mofi stereo versions. Quite a few surprises.
A54D3A6D-AC94-4ED6-9CFE-74D72B3600FD.jpeg

Because you can’t have too many!

Last edited:
Only 3 left? Wow That means importcd probably wont get many copies
Luckily for me I was able to email and get confirmation from cdjapan they have changed my shipping method to DHL so Im sure I'll get my copy now.

I just checked Import CDs site. They still show Abraxas as available for pre-order.

Back