HiRez Poll Santana - ABRAXAS [SACD-JAPAN]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Santana - ABRAXAS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2020 Multichannel SACD from Sony Japan of the classic Santana album "Abraxas".
This new Multichannel SACD features the original 1970s Quadraphonic mix in a very elaborate 7" mini-LP package!

(y) :) (n)

SICP-10135.jpg

sanatna0925_image.jpg

61fFTPsjh6L._SL1003_.jpg

Last edited:
WHY did I give it a 10? Let me COUNT THE WAYS: Finally having the full kilibuck sound of the original 70's QUAD 15 ips MASTERTAPES in gorgeous, lavish, custom 7" packaging with sonics to match is more than ample reason to retire your Columbia SQ Vinyl, Q8s and that ridiculous DTS~CD from the late 90's which bombastically turned this Santana masterpiece into a shrill, bassless mess.

BUY THIS DISC. YOUR EARS AND IMMORTAL SOUL WILL THANK YOU!

WHY did I give it a 10? Let me COUNT THE WAYS: Finally having the full kilibuck sound of the original 70's QUAD 15 ips MASTERTAPES in gorgeous, lavish, custom 7" packaging with sonics to match is more than ample reason to retire your Columbia SQ Vinyl, Q8s and that ridiculous DTS~CD from the late 90's which bombastically turned this Santana masterpiece into a shrill, bassless mess.

That's the fact Jack!

Now that you've gotten both Santana & Abraxas......which would you give fuller marks for?:unsure:

私はそれにしっかりした10を与えました。

あらゆる場所からのドラム、コンガ、リズム楽器。スピーカーからジャンプするギターソロ。このアルバムを何年も愛していましたが、これはまったく新しい経験です。

日本語が読めたらいいのにと思いませんか?

私はそれにしっかりした10を与えました。

日本語が読めたらいいのにと思いませんか?

❤So gratified you LOVE it Mike and awarded it a 10!❤

See the source image

Last edited:
That 5.1 DTS Disc is better
as it's expanded beyond Quadraphonic
You can hear Sounds not on the original CD.

Actually, the DTS-CD is quadraphonic. The so-called "5.1 mix" on that disc is actually a (over-NR'd and poorly-equalized) digital transfer of the '70s quad mix. The new SACD uses a fresh DSD transfer of that same quad mix. The center channel on the DTS-CD is just a mono summation of the front left & right channels. You are correct that the quad mix features some elements that were not included on the original stereo mix, such as the extra shouting sounds during "Gypsy Queen".

Just a note -- When playing the new SACD last night I saw it displayed as 5.0 on my Oppo. I'll double check (good reason to stop working and go listen again). I didn't try to determine if my sub or center were actually being used.
IINM, it is 4.0 but with a silent center for essentially a 5.0.

私はそれにしっかりした10を与えました。

日本語が読めたらいいのにと思いませんか?

Well yes I am, thanks for noticing. lmao

Back