Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and here is CD Japan reply to me as to why my order has not shipped

"
Hello,
Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to inform you Japan Post decided to suspend to ship packages to your country.
So we will ship packages once they start to accept packages again although currently they are no plan to resume their service.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

=========

UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets talk Stoopid...aka CDJapan. I have 2 orders stuck there due to Airmail suspension. The total airmail freight of the 2 orders is 4100 yen. I suggested to CDJapan that they take the 2 orders, combine into 1 shipment. Cost is 3810 yen DHL. They make a little more money. My 2 orders ship. Customer is happy and seller comes out well too. But ? Stoopid CDJapan says they cannot do this. Translation - we are too stuck in ways to have to think outside the box and we dont care about good customer service.........

Idiots. I cannot STAND companies that are so unable to perform when an obstacle is in the way.

Lets talk Stoopid...aka CDJapan. I have 2 orders stuck there due to Airmail suspension. The total airmail freight of the 2 orders is 4100 yen. I suggested to CDJapan that they take the 2 orders, combine into 1 shipment. Cost is 3810 yen DHL. They make a little more money. My 2 orders ship. Customer is happy and seller comes out well too. But ? Stoopid CDJapan says they cannot do this. Translation - we are too stuck in ways to have to think outside the box and we dont care about good customer service.........

Idiots. I cannot STAND companies that are so unable to perform when an obstacle is in the way.

You can cancel the order online yourself and start a new order.

I got mine from Amazon JP today and, to my surprise, it came out with a large print of the front cover, similar to the Atom Heart Mother Blu-ray. Did yours came with the same?

Shirley, you must get this one, my favourite Santana album after Caravanserai:
SICP-10116.jpg

and here is CD Japan reply to me as to why my order has not shipped

"
Hello,
Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to inform you Japan Post decided to suspend to ship packages to your country.
So we will ship packages once they start to accept packages again although currently they are no plan to resume their service.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

=========

UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!
I would cancel order and place a new one at a US seller’s site. After a 35 or 40 year wait what’s another few weeks or a month. These are not going to sell out that fast.

I’m just glad it came out, sounds good, and Caravan is also coming.

I keep reading rumors about a Quad Caravanserai release but no evidence. Where are you getting this info?

there was an SQ-encoded Quad LP and 4-channel Q8 Quad 8-track tape of Caravanserai back in the 70's, i have both the SQ LP and Q8 tape and they're great in Quad but afaik there hasn't been any reissue of the Quad since?

I keep reading rumors about a Quad SACD Caravanserai release but no evidence. Where are you getting this info?
It’s said to be mentioned in the liner notes of the brand new Santana III sacd. I thought I mentioned that. I got the info from someone who has this new sacd - I did not read it myself.

Last edited:
It’s said to be mentioned in the liner notes of the brand new Santana III sacd. I thought I mentioned that. I got the info from someone who has this new sacd - I dud not read it myself.

I'm sure based on prior sales of all the Japanese Santana SACDs [including III], Caravanserai is a NO BRAINER forthcoming release....and I'm sure it won't stop there!

Covid has slowed things down considerably [even Dutton Vocalion has felt the 'pinch'] so something to look forward to in 2022!

I'm sure based on prior sales of all the Japanese Santana SACDs [including III], Caravanserai is a NO BRAINER forthcoming release....and I'm sure it won't stop there!

Covid has slowed things down considerably [even Dutton Vocalion has felt the 'pinch'] so something to look forward to in 2022!
I’ve not read any sales numbers, but I’m glad you have the scoop on this.

I always heard over many years that surround discs just do not move any real numbers in the big picture. Some sell out and yet still do not warrant a repress.

Back