Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I forgot. I was thinking Romantic Warrior which is what really SHOULD have received the quad treatment.
poor ol' CBS often followed a Stereo Hit with a Quad flop! Romantic Warrior was a 'Hit' and so CBS followed it up with Musicmagic in Quad.. and we all know how that worked out! 😂

tbh i absolutely adore Musicmagic, its a batshit crazy record and the Quad mix is a joy on the lugholes! 🥰

par4ken

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I was surprised to receive this so quickly from Japan, I would of expected it in a couple of more weeks! Soundwise it's the best so far. I don't know why some complain about the bass, there is plenty of it. No poll yet, I'm voting at least a ten!!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
I was surprised to receive this so quickly from Japan, I would of expected it in a couple of more weeks! Soundwise it's the best so far. I don't know why some complain about the bass, there is plenty of it. No pole yet, I'm voting at least a ten!!
Par4ken, here's the poll thread for Santana III. Agree about the bass. More than adequate:

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
What a complainer! At least you have a disc to listen to........:(

CDJapan cant change shipping method cant cancel cant get the discs

I cant even get the cassette version!

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I haven't ordered this SACD because I'm still gagging on the thought of paying 55% more for shipping. This one just doesn't move me the way Santana I and Abraxas do, no matter how hard I try to be open minded.
fwiw i got my copy from this seller fella on eBay.

came in about a week, v.nicely packaged, cheap shipping, no extras to pay such as customs duty, etc. hoorah!! 🎉🥳

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
fwiw i got my copy from this seller fella on eBay.

came in about a week, v.nicely packaged, cheap shipping, no extras to pay such as customs duty, etc. hoorah!! 🎉🥳
Thanks, but his price to the US with shipping is about another 30% more than CD Japan's price shipped to the US.

Imbobman

CDJapan asked if wanted to change shipping method from airmail to DHL. I reluctantly agreed. I am tired of reading these positive reviews and not getting in on the action.
Today, they also asked me about changing my shipping method. But DHL was only 1 of the 3 choices available.
So what is the exact problem here? Did the Japan postal service just totally quit doing international shipping?

Last edited: