Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is behind w shipping n manufacturing

Im gonna guess about 2-3 months behind so...release 11-24-2021.... should be seeing retailers in other countries getting stock say Feb 2022 imho

That is a fair assumption to make thanks, since Mahavishnu Orchestra's birds of fire SACD that was released 10/27 in Japan still has not shown up in European retailers yet..jpc.de, Amazon etc.

As of this morning, CD Japan has only 7 copies left in stock. I thought about buying five copies (with a total shipping price of $29) and then getting them to our US members at cost plus Media Mail charges. That would bring the shipping charges to around $10 a unit. The only problem...I am not a real fan of this album. But it is an idea for a bunch of you to get together...quickly...and reduce the shipping costs.

If you go that route count me in for one.

(I didn't order it the other day as planned)

Last edited:
As of this morning, CD Japan has only 7 copies left in stock. I thought about buying five copies (with a total shipping price of $29) and then getting them to our US members at cost plus Media Mail charges. That would bring the shipping charges to around $10 a unit. The only problem...I am not a real fan of this album. But it is an idea for a bunch of you to get together...quickly...and reduce the shipping costs.
If you go that route count me in for one.

(I didn't order it the other day as planned)

I may have been too vague...I decided not to do it because I just don't like the album all that much. So I was suggesting it as a possible way to reduce costs if a number of members wanted to go that route.

Regarding New Zealand, Japan Post says "Loading items onto airplanes is expected to take about two to three weeks due to the shortage of loading space caused by the reduction of flights", and "Delays will be experienced in the delivery of mail items in the country (territory), and items will not be handed directly to addressees."
Service availability by country - Japan Post
....And it arrived yesterday, so approx 6 weeks, other people here in NZ also reported getting shipments from Japan over the last few days, so yes they probably wait till they have enough cargo for a destination (someone else reported a tracked parcel had been sitting in Frankfurt airport for 4 weeks!)

My recliner ordered 10-24-21 from Kanes furniture still unavailable....they were supposed to get shipment in end of Nov dont believe they received it. I called mid Dec. was told end of January
Im doubting ill see it by then

So for now, are you sitting on a rather large cushion in the Lotus position ... meditating?

My recliner ordered 10-24-21 from Kanes furniture still unavailable....they were supposed to get shipment in end of Nov dont believe they received it. I called mid Dec. was told end of January
Im doubting ill see it by then

That's just great! :confused: I'm looking for a listening chair for a new room currently being constructed. Not only has this project taken forever because of lack of supply, now I have the privilege to wait for furniture to? WT🤬

That's just great! :confused: I'm looking for a listening chair for a new room currently being constructed. Not only has this project taken forever because of lack of supply, now I have the privilege to wait for furniture to? WT🤬

I had my new, still in their crates, ALL Meridian system delivered OVER two years ago awaiting installation. And then COVID hit. And my SONY 3D Laser projector has been sitting at the Distributor's warehouse [shipped from Japan] for the past year. My 120" filmscreen from England has likewise been sitting in it's wood 'coffin' for two years ...... the frame is up but the screen still remains 'rolled' in the box. I did make the quip that the screen 'coffin' box would be a perfect receptacle should the SLENDERMAN die!!!!!!!!

And now this new WAVE of COVID is upon us in FULL FORCE .... so, yes, my patience has run out but what's the alternative .... Yeah, MORE PATIENCE {?????}

Import cd is my source for discs from japan but something strange seems to be happening with santana III, as it is STILL not available from them. Yesterday I got nervous and began thinking I might miss this package, so I started looking on ebay and discogs. The best deal was a seller from Japan who was offering the disc for 65.00 with free shipping. I was about to purchase but decided to check out cd japan. Cost from cd japan with dhl shipping was 55.00 which is not much more than I paid for santana I (from import cd). So i bought it and added abraxes to the order and got both for under 104.00 with taxes. I already had abraxes in dts and was not planning on replacing it, but these quad sacd packages are really a dream come true. I can breathe easy now.

Import cd is my source for discs from japan but something strange seems to be happening with santana III, as it is STILL not available from them. Yesterday I got nervous and began thinking I might miss this package, so I started looking on ebay and discogs. The best deal was a seller from Japan who was offering the disc for 65.00 with free shipping. I was about to purchase but decided to check out cd japan. Cost from cd japan with dhl shipping was 55.00 which is not much more than I paid for santana I (from import cd). So i bought it and added abraxes to the order and got both for under 104.00 with taxes. I already had abraxes in dts and was not planning on replacing it, but these quad sacd packages are really a dream come true. I can breathe easy now.

You won't regret replacing your DTS CD version of ABRAXAS with Sony Japan's new QUAD SACD.....day and night! Plus, the packaging is EXQUISITE.

my hands are still bruised from Para Los Rumberos on Donky Konga, I can hardly wait for my copy to arrive so I can jam on it in quad instead of the quad of my family beating the snot out of the controllers.

my hands are still bruised from Para Los Rumberos on Donky Konga, I can hardly wait for my copy to arrive so I can jam on it in quad instead of the quad of my family beating the snot out of the controllers.
:ROFLMAO: 🤪

Hi TVB....I went thru sorta a similar thing as you did. Kept waiting on importcd but nothing ever showed there or deep discount.
So I went with cdjapan. I used EMS shipping, took 7 days from Japan to Midwest USA.. That is fast....
For shipping choice: 1 cd was a bit cheaper w/ DHL but 2 cds were cheaper w/ EMS..
CDJapan's packaging is the best of all sellers I've dealt with. Careful eye to details. Each title individually wrapped in a bubble envelope, taped shut & placed together in an oversized carton. Never a damaged case.. Very well done!
Overall, yes it was more expensive than I'd like to spend but how many other vendors out there were even offering this one?

Back