Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From CD Japan:

Japan Post to Suspend Non-Register Airmail for U.S.A

From Japan Post:

Our acceptance of various international mail items has been temporarily suspended due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. We will temporarily suspend airmail service for ordinary small packets to the United States and Australia effective November 2...
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2021/1101_01_en.html
Alternative carriers are available at a considerable higher price. Looks like I won't be placing orders from Japan for a considerable time.

From CD Japan:

Japan Post to Suspend Non-Register Airmail for U.S.A

From Japan Post:

Our acceptance of various international mail items has been temporarily suspended due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. We will temporarily suspend airmail service for ordinary small packets to the United States and Australia effective November 2...
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2021/1101_01_en.html
Alternative carriers are available at a considerable higher price. Looks like I won't be placing orders from Japan for a considerable time.

My last two VERY recent orders with CDJapan were basically mandated as DHL shipments at considerable cost. Wonder if that'll be affected likewise?

Despite the cost of shipping, CDJapan gets the stuff to me, which is more than I can say about ImportCDs. When I think about it in the overall scheme of things, it's worth the extra $10 or whatever to know the thing with show up.

Hey, it's way cheaper than flying to Japan to pick it up myself!

Despite the cost of shipping, CDJapan gets the stuff to me, which is more than I can say about ImportCDs. When I think about it in the overall scheme of things, it's worth the extra $10 or whatever to know the thing with show up.

Hey, it's way cheaper than flying to Japan to pick it up myself!

I would guestimate because of this ongoing pandemic, ImportCD/Deep Discount are likewise experiencing shortgages, inordinate delays, et alia in getting shipments from Japan. Agree, CDJapan has always come through and paying extra for DHL shipment, while an added expense, will at least ensure those Japanese imports arrive .... and are NOT abruptly canceled!

Still NO listing of Santana III, Birds of Fire [7" packaging] from neither Import nor the shark. Very unusual in that they have previously carried just about ALL Japanese Imports. Chalk it up to the Pandemic. Did order both from CDJapan and should be here before the end of November [via DHL].

Hopefully when the world's 'supply chain' returns to normalcy [?], things will resume pre~pandemic.

One can ONLY hope!

I was listening to the Q8 version last night. It has an excessive amount of reverb on it...as if they wanted the effect of a concert hall / arena presentation. Is this how the quad is supposed to sound? Anyone know if the stereo version has the same excessive reverb?

Can’t describe how much I am looking forward to this. The timing is perfect too; I’m having middle ear surgery in a week which hopefully will restore the hearing in my right ear almost 100%. The surround experience has been drastically reduced for me the past 1-2 years with a dramatic drop in the bass and low mids particularly (conductive hearing loss), but if all goes well the whole surround field will be restored in time for the arrival of Santana III!

Back