Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now available for Pre-Order on CDJapan. Release date: October 27, 2021

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-10138?s_ssid=e468f461716e87c6d5
Japanese original release. Santana's "Santana III" becomes available as SA-CD Multi Hybrid edition for the first time in the world. The SACD layer uses a DSD master converted from the original "Quadraphonic (4ch)" master. The CD layer uses 2ch mix master from SACD (latest remastering). Features a 7-inch mini LP cover artwork. Faithfully replicates two Japan edition single jackets and an ad poster (subject to change).

SICP-10138_ADD.jpg

SICP-10138.jpg
Thanks Simon!! I pre-ordered from CDJapan. Had some points that literally were going to expire, so getting it shipped for $51.31. Yayyyyy. :)

Great news! But this cheap bastard will wait until it's available from Import CDs.

Sorry to inform you, AR, but ImportCD has not even listed the SONY 7" packaging SACD remaster of BIRDS OF FIRE [just checked today]. Since I had almost a thousand bonus points at CDJapan I threw in the towel and ordered both that SACD and Santana III and even added three UHQ MQA~CDs which again, ImportCD does not even carry nor does AmazonUS. DHL s/h added about 2910 yen to the total order.

I used to be a real cheapskate and order from CDJapan via SAL. Sometimes took up to 6 weeks for delivery!!!! Which means by the time Santana III is released, I wouldn't receive it in New York until the Blizzard of '22!

Furthermore, NOT having to pay 8.375% in tax for my order [approximately $13US] does help defray DHL s/h.

Last edited:
Back