Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relax, it's not fishy or nothin', got 'till Sardines Day to pull the trigger-
and Give Thanks!

november-2021-calendar-Sardines.jpg

{Google Translate}

'Suddenly ranked 4th in the US with his debut work "Santana", and quickly won 1st in the US with the timeless masterpiece "Abraxas" (original title: Abraxas). Santana became a sensation in the rock scene. In 1971, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the release of this work, which once again won the number one spot in the United States in the third work "Santana III" with the addition of 17-year-old "prodigy" Neal Schon (G) at that time, the world The first SA-CD multi-hybrid board is finally here! Converting the original master of the quadraphonic board (4ch mix) to DSD, you can enjoy a surround mix of a different dimension from the normal stereo board with high sound quality. The novel sound, in which the familiar Latin rhythm and the sensual Carlos guitar are intertwined, approaches with a powerful sense of presence as if you were playing around the listener. The CD layer is also the latest remastered version from the high resolution master for SA-CD 2ch. The package is a 7-inch paper jacket that is an elaborate resize of the domestic quadraphonic LP, and the Japanese single jacket and the overseas announcement poster at that time are also reproduced. Permanent preservation board of Santana fan coveted in the world!

'[Features of SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition] ● [SA-CD 4ch] High-quality surround mix that was the world's first DSD mastering of the analog 4ch mix master sound source of the quadraphonic board that appeared in 1972 at Sony Music Studios in Japan. ● [SA-CD 2ch / CD] High-quality stereo mix with DSD mastering of analog 2ch mix master sound source / New mastering sound source with DSD master for CD layer -A 7-inch paper jacket that reprints the artwork of the Japanese version of Quadraphonic LP for the first time. -Reproduce the gold label of the US version original quadraphonic LP -Reprint of the original inner bag of the US edition with the English commentary of Quadraphonic printed ● Includes mini posters of overseas original advertisements when the album was released in 1971 -Reprint of the Japanese single jacket of "Everybody's Everything" and "No One To Depend On" -Japanese edition quadraphonic LP first edition obi, quadraphonic commentary sheet reprint ● 1972, 2006 revised liner notes + booklet with new commentary ● 2021 latest remastered version

https://tower.jp/item/5243934/サンタナIII-SA-CDマルチ・ハイブリッド・エディション-<完全生産限定盤>

Duly ordered. I caved in and ordered Birds of Fire as well. I try not to double dip, but with the mixed up channels on the AF, and McLaughlin being my greatest musical hero, I just had to.

Between the van der Graaf set (which I still can’t play though) and finally getting the Benefit surround mix and now this Santana, an otherwise very slow year is redeemed!

Id like to cave in too and add Birds of Fire.
I just want confirmation that the channel mix up has been corrected on the new reissue before I order it. So that means I have to wait.....

To my knowledge none of these Japanese limited issue SACDs have sold out....unless Im wrong it appears safe to wait.
Since these are made for the Japanese market there must be enough of a demand to keep them coming.

Id like to cave in too and add Birds of Fire.
I just want confirmation that the channel mix up has been corrected on the new reissue before I order it. So that means I have to wait.....

To my knowledge none of these Japanese limited issue SACDs have sold out....unless Im wrong it appears safe to wait.
Since these are made for the Japanese market there must be enough of a demand to keep them coming.

And by then SONY Japan may announce the QUAD release of Santana's Caravanserai, Jeffie and you can add ALL 3 to your order! I was doing some simple math last night and my order for 5 items from CDJapan incurred a DHL s/h charge of $25 ...... but if I had ordered them from US vendor ImportCD, I would've incurred a sales tax 'burden' of $13 + they do charge s/h per item and of those 5 discs I ordered, ImportCD did NOT currently carry 4 of them and with the 988 bonus points from CDJapan I figured my final tab for s/h was roughly $4.

And those who order just the Santana 3 QUAD release from AmazonJapan will incur a s/h charge of $15 just for that ONE item.

So BUYER BEWARE!

Last edited:
An I am sure most of you will agree with me..
CAN'T WAIT FOR CARAVANSERAI !!!!
If these keep getting released in sequence "Caravanserai" should be next, then "Welcome". Personally I'm waiting for "Borboletta". I just wonder if the (apparently) faked "Amigos" & "Festival" will see release as well?

Many thanks for this update- I just preordered. With a little luck- the next title might be announce prior to shipping...hoping for Caravanserai! I got to use my almost thousand points up as well.

Chris

Rabbit hole thread hijacking:
Caravanserai was the SECOND SQ LP I ever bought and I did my best to decode it with AA and it came out great! I know cause I have listened to a GREAT Q8 conversion and it was REALLY close to it...but obviously, a Japanese Quad SACD will take it to the great beyond!!!

Back