Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My email response from CDJapan is of no help
Airmail is suspended to USA
Site only says nonregistered Airmail. No indication when it will resume no answer how to convert my order to another method .
Is the solution to cancel my order and reorder with DHL?
I will lose my points I used.
Maybe I should wait until Caravanserai is released and try again.

My email response from CDJapan is of no help
Airmail is suspended to USA
Site only says nonregistered Airmail. No indication when it will resume no answer how to convert my order to another method .
Is the solution to cancel my order and reorder with DHL?

That's what I did last week Thursday. I had no points in jeopardy. My order is now in DHL's hands just past customs. ETA this Thursday.

So will anyone in possession of this Japan SACD please use the camera feature of Google Translate and look for the mention of an upcoming Caravanserai Multichannel Hybrid release as allegedly referred to in the Japanese liner notes by Willie Nagasaki?

That's what I did last week Thursday. I had no points in jeopardy. My order is now in DHL's hands just past customs. ETA this Thursday.
IMHO…..from what I can tell and I’ve been purchasing from CDJapan for many years ….. your points really never disappear, yes I get those emails as well saying better hurry and make a purchase before they expire, I think that it’s just a sales ploy, because mine just don’t until I actually use them. That’s just been my experience 😁

IMHO…..from what I can tell and I’ve been purchasing from CDJapan for many years ….. your points really never disappear, yes I get those emails as well saying better hurry and make a purchase before they expire, I think that it’s just a sales ploy, because mine just don’t until I actually use them. That’s just been my experience 😁
I have definitely had points expire, no question, however in this specific instance I don't see how one could lose points just by canceling an order that is then immediately replaced, but I've never tried it to know for sure.

Deep Discount still has Santana and Abraxas in stock as of today. So I still have high hopes that some domestic vendor will eventually get this Santana III quad sacd.

santana.png

Up front, sorry if this question is redundant...:rolleyes:
I see on CDjapan's web page that when you go to complete an order that it will accept a shipping choices of: Registered Airmail (Temporarily Suspended) & Airmail.
Then a few steps later it says: The shipping method you selected is temporarily suspended. However, we can accept your order, and will ship out once the suspension is lifted.
Has anybody actually tried this? ..wondering if this is just going to be a dead end & be stuck in limbo forever, never to ship?
Thank you to all who can help with this.

Last edited:
So will anyone in possession of this Japan SACD please use the camera feature of Google Translate and look for the mention of an upcoming Caravanserai Multichannel Hybrid release as allegedly referred to in the Japanese liner notes by Willie Nagasaki?
I've been doing it a harder way with scanner & OCR & Google translate, so how does the camera thingy work exactly?

i.e. (YMMV)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ced-october-28-2020.28962/page-19#post-526680

Deep Discount still has Santana and Abraxas in stock as of today. So I still have high hopes that some domestic vendor will eventually get this Santana III quad sacd.

View attachment 73979
I'm with you on that. CDJapan is a bit of a hassle... I've ordered from CDJapan before, years ago.
But with high priced, seemingly limited shipping options, I'd much prefer a domestic seller.

Last edited:
I see on CDjapan's web page when you go to complete an order that it will accept a shipping choice of: Registered Airmail (Temporarily Suspended).
Then a few pages later it says: The shipping method you selected is temporarily suspended. However, we can accept your order, and will ship out once the suspension is lifted.
Has anybody tried this? ..Is this just going to be a dead end & be stuck in limbo forever, never to ship?
Thank you to all who can help with this.
I ordered a record album from Japan through Discogs last year and ran into that, I had to wait a month or two before it could be shipped. I was given the option to cancel the order and receive a refund or wait, I chose to wait. I did message him a couple of times to check if/when restrictions were to be lifted.

More recently with an order through eBay for another LP the listed shipping method had been suspended so it had to go surface mail (about a month). Again I was given the option to cancel but I chose to wait.

Last edited:
I ordered a record album from Japan through Discogs last year and ran into that, I had to wait a month or two before it could be shipped. I was given the option to cancel the order and receive a refund or wait, I chose to wait. I did message him a couple of times to check if/when resections were to be lifted.

More recently with an order through eBay for another LP the listed shipping method had been suspended so it had to go surface mail (about a month). Again I was given the option to cancel but I chose to wait.
Did you eventually windup getting the items?

Open the Google Translate app on your iPhone and there you will see the option to use the camera. Point camera at Japanese text and it translates in real time - Simple.
found the iPhone app extremely frustrating to use, so I just did my usual Scan / Convertio / Word / Google Translate.

Here's the last paragraph 🤷‍♂️:

Santana, a mixture of black, white, and Hispanic musicians of different races, the band members have their characteristic sensual beauty and dynamism, that is, "Santana III" with a performance that is extremely erotic and dynamism. Was completed. The masterpiece left over from that new rock era has been transformed into a more magnificent sound with the Quadraphonic mix and sublimated. After that, Santana started a spectacular jam session in Latin and funk, the album "Carlos' Santana and Buddy Miles! Live! 』(1972 work), then create an immortal masterpiece" Caravanserai "(1972 work) that transcends all music genres. The name of the orchestra will be changed to New Santana and the band, and they will travel to a new world. The work will surely be released as "SA-CD March, Hybrid-Edition". I can't wait for that day from now on.

Last edited:
found the iPhone app extremely frustrating to use, so I just did my usual Scan / Convertio / Word / Google Translate.

Here's the last paragraph 🤷‍♂️:

Santana, a mixture of black, white, and Hispanic musicians of different races, the band members have their characteristic sensual beauty and dynamism, that is, "Santana III" with a performance that is extremely erotic and dynamism. Was completed. The masterpiece left over from that new rock era has been transformed into a more magnificent sound with the Quadraphonic mix and sublimated. After that, Santana started a spectacular jam session in Latin and funk, the album "Carlos' Santana and Buddy Miles! Live! 』(1972 work), then create an immortal masterpiece" Caravanserai "(1972 work) that transcends all music genres. The name of the orchestra will be changed to New Santana and the band, and they will travel to a new world. The work will surely be released as "38 ~ 0 March, Hybrid-Edition". I can't wait for that day from now on.

A vague translation for sure, JP. The NEW Santana [?]......so I garner Caravanserai will be released in March of 2022 ... Hopefully NOT March 2038 as roughly translated!

And The NEW SANTANA will travel to a NEW WORLD ..... yeah, into the hands of anxious QQ forum members ... EVERYWHERE!

A vague translation for sure, JP. The NEW Santana [?]......so I garner Caravanserai will be released in March of 2022 ... Hopefully NOT March 2038 as roughly translated!

And The NEW SANTANA will travel to a NEW WORLD ..... yeah, into the hands of anxious QQ forum members ... EVERYWHERE!
It actually is not a number but "SA-CD" these things are difficult, where's Brett when you need him - LOL!

Back