Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..Sort of makes you wonder why DHL even has tracking then if you basically can't utilize it 🤔.....

Sounds to me like DHL needs to hire a REAL TRACKER

R.e0d5b21a87e2a4ca76253964554a816a

DHL is a complete piece of shit. That's my opinion...now. There are no excuses, there just aren't. Other shipping outlets have issues, but none as imcompetent as DHL.

Then there is FedEx with tracking info that said, "Delivered, front porch." And then the package actually arrived two days later via USPS.

Then there is FedEx with tracking info that said, "Delivered, front porch." And then the package actually arrived two days later via USPS.
Wow:(..... That is bad! ..& I had liked FedEx when I shipped a lot of stuff but don't know much about 'being on the other end'. Liked it mostly from a cost stand point.
I know there is a lot of this 'handing off' of packages now days between various carriers.
Say what you will about USPS but they usually get it right. Though their so called 'Tracking' info is often little more than a joke unless you go with something like registered mail... That has a great chain of custody with it.
As far as International... Who knows, sorta anything goes. It's like Thunder-dome out there(n)
It burns me when I go to check a tracking # & it says 'In Transit'..... That's not a location:oops:
IMO, Amazon is the best at shipping, etc. right now. It seems they can utilize most available carriers plus their own dedicated network & usually get it right or fix it ASAP.

Last edited:
Wow:(..... That is bad! ..& I had liked FedEx when I shipped a lot of stuff but don't know much about 'being on the other end'. Liked it mostly from a cost stand point.
I know there is a lot of this 'handing off' of packages now days between various carriers.
Say what you will about USPS but they usually get it right. Though their so called 'Tracking' info is often little more than a joke unless you go with something like registered mail... That has a great chain of custody with it.
As far as International... Who knows, sorta anything goes. It's like Thunder-dome out there(n)
It burns me when I go to check a tracking # & it says 'In Transit'..... That's not a location:oops:
IMO, Amazon is the best at shipping, etc. right now. It seems they can utilize most available carriers plus their own dedicated network & usually get it right or fix it ASAP.

What the FedEx tracking should have said was that the package was delivered to USPS, not dropped off on front porch. Then I would have at least known what was going on. I guess the driver hit the wrong button on his 'tricorder' when he delivered it to USPS.

Then there is FedEx with tracking info that said, "Delivered, front porch." And then the package actually arrived two days later via USPS
Maybe they delivered it to the front porch of the local USPS office.

Plus FedEx also needs a new delivery status designation: "Dumped in local woods." 🤣 🤣 🤣

[Edit: Technically, it should say: "Dumped in ravine."]

My fun has been with UPS. Their delivery estimates are terrible, especially when signature required.

"Delivery between 2pm and 5pm" means unless you run an errand at 1:30 and get back at 1:50, we will attempt to deliver at 1:45, but if you stay at home for us from 2-5 we will actually attempt deliver it at 6pm when you give up on us and go out to dinner.

Oh but you can also opt to have it delivered to a local UPS access point. We will attempt to deliver it to them at 6:30pm when they close at 6pm and waste yet another day.

What I find curious - why isn't this SACD available from any other Vendor yet ?
(as I wait for the copy I pre-ordered in October to ship)

I would blame it on Covid and the shortages due to kinks in the supply chain WORLDWIDE. Soundboy posted that 2021 saw a decline in the production of SACDs, in general and if this pandemic didn't exist, I'm certain we would've seen Caravanserai and perhaps others by now.

According to SOUNDBOY, only 550 new SACDs were released in 2021

50816251238_5c69df78d2_c.jpg

Last edited:
OK- I couldn't really play it this weekend- as my 4 y old grandson stayed with me for the weekend. But playing it now for the first time...the mix is unreal! This is head and shoulders above the quality of Abraxas mix...bring on Caravanserai, Welcome and Borboletta!!!!

Chris
High praise! Someone recently wrote that some of the classic Santana Quads might be upmixed. This probably isn't one of those?!

Back