Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So months later, this has still not shown up at any US online retailers? I was willing to wait, but this is................

So months later, this has still not shown up at any US online retailers? I was willing to wait, but this is................

I emailed ImportCDs customer service last week and got a boilerplate reply to the effect of "We get new stock in every week; keep checking the website."

I emailed ImportCDs customer service last week and got a boilerplate reply to the effect of "We get new stock in every week; keep checking the website."
Maybe it will appear. I'd like to think they want to have it to offer. I held off on ordering it for the time being. And now it feel like I'm six months behind. What's six months when we are all two years behind.

Maybe because there is no Airmail from CD Japan ? They will only send ( to me in Australia) DHL or FedEx @ 5000 yen.
My Mahavishnu Orchestra Birds of Fire was returned to Cd Japan in November by Japan Post and it is still sitting at Cd Japan until I pay the 5000 yen freight ( which I won't !) or until they start doing Airmail again !

Maybe because there is no Airmail from CD Japan ? They will only send ( to me in Australia) DHL or FedEx @ 5000 yen.
My Mahavishnu Orchestra Birds of Fire was returned to Cd Japan in November by Japan Post and it is still sitting at Cd Japan until I pay the 5000 yen freight ( which I won't !) or until they start doing Airmail again !
I was just about to post the same thing. Birds of Fire was posted Oct. 26 then returned to CdJapan by Japan Post just as the airmail restrictions kicked in. Santana III was due to be sent Nov. 24, but has never moved.

Airmail parcels from Japan to both Oz and the US are still "Temporarily Suspended". See:
Service availability by country - Japan Post

Gee, I had completely forgotten all about this title. Now, if there is another Santana quad SACD release that comes out of CD Japan, then the high cost of shipping spread over the cost of two titles will be warranted.

Maaaaaaan... I been eye-ballin' SQ LP's for a while, but I remember that an SACD might be comin' and I want to save my pennies for that!
I have high hopes it's still coming, @steelydave I believe mentioned maybe around October for the anniversary date; I'll be pleased as punch if it's earlier 😁

Hmmm, got any kiwi mates who could forward it to you?
(Mind you that will cost another $20 or so)

Gee, I had completely forgotten all about this title. Now, if there is another Santana quad SACD release that comes out of CD Japan, then the high cost of shipping spread over the cost of two titles will be warranted.

CD Japan isn't the only game in town for these discs, I got my Santana III from Amazon JP for around $60 shipped back in December.

Thank you . It's still available at about that $60 including shipping:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/サンタナ/...1647690952&sprefix=santana+iii,aps,152&sr=8-1

NOTE: I initially ordered Santana III from Amazon JP, only for it to be returned to them as "undeliverable" before it even left Japan for the USA! I turned around and ordered from CDJapan, and happily have my copy. Like others here, I am looking forward to another quad installment of the Santana series.

Back