"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll gladly pop for any of these on 4.0 Japan 7" SACD's:
Santana III (perhaps his best)
Caravanserai
Love, Devotion w/McLaughlin
Welcome
Borboletta
Greatest
Amigos (hopefully a new surround remix)
Festival
I'm in for those too ... and hey, Sony ... how about some more Miles? We've already got "Bitches Brew" and "Live/Evil", but If I was a silly person, I'd commit to paying ten times whatever you're asking for a quad/surround mix of "Jack Johnson", but I'm not, so I won't ... maybe. :p

I'll gladly pop for any of these on 4.0 Japan 7" SACD's:
Santana III (perhaps his best)
Caravanserai
Love, Devotion w/McLaughlin
Welcome
Borboletta
Greatest
Amigos (hopefully a new surround remix)
Festival

Aerosmith - Get Your Wings
🪨 rocks

Edgar Winter's White Trash (mixed & unreleased)
They Only Come
Shock Treatment
Group w/Derringer

Johnny Winter (1st Columbia s/t, mixed & unreleased)
Still Alive
Saints
John Dawson Winter III

All range from good to spectacular!

I bought them all on SQ and/or Q8 in the 70's. Toys & Jasmine Nightdreams I probably won't rebuy, since I rebought them on SACD & DTS CD.

Have heard both unreleased Quad mixes. Both great, although Johnny Winter's solo tracks like Dallas leave a bit to be desired in Quad. Larger group pieces make up for it, though. "Lots of Shit in Texas, you're bound to step in some." - Johnny Winter of Port Arthur, TX.

BTW: I've seen/heard Santana live more than any other music 🎶 act, except Chicago Symphony. We were season subscribers for several years.

What about the remaining Billy Joel...?!

What about the remaining Billy Joel...?!
I didn't mention Billy Joel, Carole King and others simply because they weren't mentioned in this thread. No other reason.

Nothing would please me more than retiring my SQ's of Piano Man and Turnstiles in favor of a Quad SACD.

Caught Billy Joel live several times. Saw/heard Billy and Elton live at Wrigley, too.

I would expect the Billy Joel titles in quad are easy-peasy to clear for release being that several were mixed (and released) in 5.1, and an old quad mix (a really good one too) made it out on AF SACD no problems.

There are actually so many quadraphonic albums Sony could consider. The remaining BOC is a top contender for me too. But I think I have a gut feeling that DV might be able to swing that one. If they got "The Hoople" out free and clear, Blue Oyster Cult's Tyranny and Mutation is only a hop, skip, and a jump away.

The Winter Brothers titles it has been shown are over-reissued in the UK, leaving Sony with the task. Even if they said, well let's just do the platinum international seller for now (TOCOAT), I would be thankful. But MFSL and DCC have both done other Johnny & brother Edgar on audiophile releases as well (years ago), so there is potentially strong interest.

Last edited:
They wouldn't have to worry about making back pressing costs, how many to make, etc; if they'd just make the files available for download. They're silly to worry about piracy any more, the ripping of SACD is common place everywhere now.

Back