"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this does indeed come to pass I don't think we'll hear anything about it until after the Herbie Hancock Headhunters disc is released in September - if it is announced around then, I suppose a pre-Christmas release isn't out of the question. By the same token, Japan isn't beholden to the Christmas shopping season the way we are - at least a couple of the releases in this series have been in January (one of the Miles Davis, and one of the Jeff Becks) so anything's possible.

In any event, if/when there's movement on this, this thread will be updated - you can click the 'watch' button at the top of the thread and you'll get notifications when there are new posts.

Even though SONY issued Herbie Hancock's Headhunters THREE TIMES [and AP, ONCE] on Multi~CH SACD [I have TWO of them], I could NOT resist SONY Japan's upcoming Headhunters QUAD reissue in their special 7" packaging ........ basically, to SUPPORT THE FORMAT and SONY's EFFORTS!

I cannot imagine those SONY JAPAN QUAD reissues in deluxe 7" packaging not selling out quickly, so hopefully the SANTANA core catalogue would be a NO BRAINER. And hopefully, we'll get more than one a year ......... even though a box set would be SPECTACULAR...and probably less costly in the long run.

Last edited:
Ok, it's official, but... WHAT album? I or III or something else?

Here's the graphic from that page:

santana.png

I know we love to bitch about the price of these, but just consider what everything costs these days. And I do like the packaging, the sound of these are typically a non- issue also.
Take into consideration what a large company like Sony has to pay for all the production costs for perhaps a limited number of copies and maybe it’s a minor miracle we’re getting these at all.

Oooh....thanks for this advice. Has IMPORTCDs ever had problems fulfilling these orders that we know of?

I've previously ordered many a Japanese disc from them including the 7" QUAD SACDs.....with NO issues. I just pre~ordered the Herbie Hancock Headhunters QUAD SACD from them, as well.

Last edited:
Back