"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have arrived! Unfortunately I’m still working for a living...will listen later.
7106D6F4-CB6C-4884-9B95-480F12BE438D.jpeg

Just curious, how was yours shipped/ordered- from cdjapan/DHL @Steve Schoultz ? If so any extra customs fees?

Full disclosure, I've never liked DHL; I've actually knew a retired DHL CEO, don't know how this company survives.
Ordered DHL. No customs charges. I haven’t read the entire thread. Are people stateside being charged customs fees?

Ordered DHL. No customs charges. I haven’t read the entire thread. Are people stateside being charged customs fees?
By the way, this is the first time I’ve used DHL from cdjapan. Always picked the cheapest option. That wasn’t available this time. But yes, I’ve had issues with DHL before, so I was worried. Can’t believe it was delivered two days early. Not what you expect these days. I mean amazon prime has let me down lately.

That’s nuts. Has to be some mistake. After paying that premium shipping fee they need to provide something for your trouble.
Well after @ArmyOfQuad's post and yours I'm breathing easier now; perhaps it's just some kind of transfer delay due to Covid-19 priorities or something, I'm keeping a close eye on my email for any incoming DHL details or movement.
But I find it odd that to get to me in Sacramento, they're first going through CINCINNATI HUB, OH, instead of say San Francisco or L.A.; they are more of a Global carrier though. I should probably just relax, as I've never had to pay any kind of extra import duties etc.
But before I pull the trigger on the new Abraxas SACD, I want to be sure this one comes through OK, lots of weird crap's been happening this year with shippers as we all know.

Well after @ArmyOfQuad's post and yours I'm breathing easier now; perhaps it's just some kind of transfer delay due to Covid-19 priorities or something, I'm keeping a close eye on my email for any incoming DHL details or movement.
But I find it odd that to get to me in Sacramento, they're first going through CINCINNATI HUB, OH, instead of say San Francisco or L.A.; they are more of a Global carrier though. I should probably just relax, as I've never had to pay any kind of extra import duties etc.
But before I pull the trigger on the new Abraxas SACD, I want to be sure this one comes through OK, lots of weird crap's been happening this year with shippers as we all know.
I hear you. Mine came through the Cincinnati hub as well. I’m in San Antonio. Hard to believe the Abraxas title is already up for preorder. Hope your delivery is tomorrow without extra cost!

2 listens so far...and I'm loving it! The Quad is very Quadie! (scared myself on the 1st listen, forgot to switch the Denon to Pure Direct DSD mode, had it in matrix mode :eek:) still learning the new Denon, on the up side got the bass management dialed in (y) BOOM BOOM out go the lights!

...oh and ordered Abraxas during 2nd listen.

Back