"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is frustrating...I preordered from CDJapan, registered mail to Norway. It was sent on the 23rd, but nothing yet, and no movement on the tracking since leaving Japan.

This is frustrating...I preordered from CDJapan, registered mail to Norway. It was sent on the 23rd, but nothing yet, and no movement on the tracking since leaving Japan.
My preorder with airmail shipping arrived here in France a few days ago. Yours shouldn’t be far from Norway, hopefully.

Postal delivery to Norway is becoming very unreliable. I've had airmail packages from some European countries (Germany, Italy) take more than six weeks to arrive. USPS packages from the USA take eight to nine weeks. I'm now increasingly using courier services, despite the extra expense.

That has unfortunately been my experience too, but cost is prohibitive with the courier services. Oh well, I’ve waited many year, what’s a few weeks extra...

I always use DHL if I can,cost me some extra,but hey it's a hobby it's supposed to be expensive. :cool:
I'm still waiting for my Doobies Quadio box sent by USPS.It arrived at Oslo Airport,Gardemoen on the 1. of October.Have no idea where it is now and when it will be delivered.One thing is for sure,i will never order anything again that will be sent by USPS.:mad:

Well I've been waiting on my importcd order here in Los Angeles. I think its due this Thursday. My sympathies to the Norwegians waiting on this
At least you have a beautiful country to wait in....

The Quadio is worth the wait. I feel for all of you with shipping delays. I had a package that was First Class, and there weren't any tracking scans at all. It then showed up after two weeks. I am so anxious for the Quad of Santana! Mine is on route but having delivery issues we are all experiencing.

BTW: I was listening to Abbey Road sessions and got sentimental. I watched Concert for George on Blu-ray and also George Fest (which should have been in 5.1). What an artist and amazing human. I have seen them before but you know, I simply cried at times in happiness for outpouring of love for George Harrison.

It just arrived. Wow. Check it out, a beautiful tribute to a historic LP.

I just started playing it and Evil Ways came on with a warmth of sound I have never heard in 50 years. I love this!!! Thank you SONY!
2020-10-13 Santana1 Sacd!.jpg

It just arrived. Wow. Check it out, a beautiful tribute to a historic LP.

I just started playing it and Evil Ways came on with a warmth of sound I have never heard in 50 years. I love this!!! Thank you SONY!View attachment 57808

doesn't it look stunning!! 🤩

as the song goes;

"this is how we do it, baby" 🥰

doesn't it look stunning!! 🤩

as the song goes;

"this is how we do it, baby" 🥰
I was amazed, how the songs were just new. I am 53 and have heard this forever buying the LP, CD, 24kt Gold Master Sound release, Legacy CD and now ... I just feel like this album is reborn and a new animal. Soul Sacrifice has this percussion that was so suppressed in the stereo mix. I am blown away.

Oh my god, this is fun! I didn't get my ImportCDs package as early as a few others upthread did, but it still arrived two days earlier than anticipated, so this was a really pleasant surprise.

I've read that almost from the day it was recorded, no one was happy with the sound of this album. But I think it sounds great--just like a scruffy, lean-and-hungry young blues band from the Mission ought to sound. The mix ain't subtle, but I like it. All kinds of clarity and separation. Can't wait for the rest of the series.

Last edited:
Mine just came today from importcd
Talk about discrete and separation
Talk about good music
Hey is that a guitar behind me to the right?
And who is playing bongos on the left?
Aaaah the requisite cowbell now.
Bring on all of these. The Japanese really do music releases the best.
BUY JAPANESE!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

I must admit I'm surprised...not at the sound of this Santana release...because I can't listen to it now...but with importcds...I'm buying this as a gift for a friend...I ordered it Sunday at midnight...and it arrived earlier today...I've been dealing with importcds for awhile and i have never got any title that quick from them...and it's in pristine condition...

IMG_2529.JPG

Back