Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait!

Then, I won't be listening to either a matrix Welcome, or a Q8 w/Mother Africa broken into two hunks.

As to Love, Devotion, all I can say is "Supreme, Supreme..." indeed.
I only have the MoFi Stereo SACD of Love Devotion Surrender which sounds lovely and the SONY Japan QUAD SACD will probably be [ironically] the same price!

Should sound ASTOUNDING in QUAD!

Love Devotion Surrender is an album released in 1973 by guitarists Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin, with the backing of their respective bands, Santana and The Mahavishnu Orchestra. The album was inspired by the teachings of Sri Chinmoy and intended as a tribute to John Coltrane.

Welcome was released in November of 1973 so hopefully, both anniversaries will be 'celebrated' with SONY JAPAN QUAD releases next year in special 7" packaging.
Let us not forget Mahavishnu Orchestra's Between Nothingness and Eternity, which also came out in 1973 and is ripe for a 7" Multi Hybrid Disc celebration from Japan!

Love Devotion Surrender is an album released in 1973 by guitarists Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin, with the backing of their respective bands, Santana and The Mahavishnu Orchestra. The album was inspired by the teachings of Sri Chinmoy and intended as a tribute to John Coltrane.

Welcome was released in November of 1973 so hopefully, both anniversaries will be 'celebrated' with SONY JAPAN QUAD releases next year in special 7" packaging.
I wish they skip those two and go straight to Borboletta.

6102291E-F1E1-4E38-94A1-098A54947970.jpeg

Mine is also on the way! Got CDJapan's email with Fedex tracking number. No confirmed delivery date yet but Fedex does show estimated 11-30. Hopefully, they'll make that target or a day later.

I've been waiting many years for this one. The SQ LP I bought brand new back in the 70's is very much mint with flawless playback but a 4.0 SACD from Sony is long overdue. I've wanted Caravanserai when SACD 1st came out and finally it's here, well almost anyway ;)

Patience...

Last edited:
I received notice yesterday on the 28th that my shipment was on the way with an expected delivery for Dec. 1. Got a text today at 10:30am that my package was out for delivery. It was on my front porch an hour later.
Ordered both Caravanserai and III to help spread out the shipping costs and it seemed CDJapan was the only place with III available. Received Abraxas last week from ImportCDs using their 10% off coupon and have the first Santana album on the way from DeepDiscount after using their 15% off coupon. Hadn't really planned on getting all these—my main interest initially was Caravanserai—but damn if these aren't some of the nicest looking and sounding reissues. Some of you older quad folks will appreciate the replicated inner sleeve from Caravanserai featuring a photo array of available (at the time) quad equipment.

Back