Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After cruelly being led along for the last 8 hours, DHL gave up for the day.

The disc was out for delivery. The live link counted down the stops... 7, 6... all the way down to one stop left before getting to my house. That was a few hours ago. The graphic showed the truck about three miles from my house, and then it never moved again.

But I guess the snow was too much and I just got the sad news: “Delivery attempt could not be completed.”

The snow isn't bad around here and the freeways are pretty clear, but I imagine there comes a point where the driver (or DHL) feels it’s time to head back to base and not risk sliding on icy roads or getting stuck in residential areas.

As the saying goes... so close, yet so far.

Depending on how far behind they are, I’m not even sure I should expect delivery tomorrow.

Australia shipping is more than the item. As much as I'd love these SACDs I simply can't afford the total price
Next time, send me a message. I'd be happy to purchase 2 copies and send you one through Australia Post. The same applies to other members based in Australia.
I've done it before for some Mofi releases, and I was pretty happy with what I saved in shipping costs!

For those of you who are familiar with the analogue quad mix (or a rip of the analogue quad mix), how does the SACD compare?
I have a fairly good rip and I am really looking forward to hearing this new SACD transfer. Hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow.

Yesterday I received a message from CD Japan that my order was being shipped. :) I had ordered two discs "Caravanserai" and "Santana/Miles Live".:D

Even before that (almost a day before) I had received a notice from DHL "Import Duty and/or Tax and Customs Clearance Service Charges Payment Alert". I owed them Canadian $30. o_O Already today I received a reminder to pay and I don't think that the shipment has even left Japan yet! I can't believe just how demanding they are!:poop: I hope that normal postal service is restored soon. I seldom get dinged extra when things are shipped by regular mail!
Welcome on the board! I paid already 3 times this customs clearance.For one CD is $23.

Australia shipping is more than the item. As much as I'd love these SACDs I simply can't afford the total price
You may want to check that again. I ordered Caravanserai and the Santana/Buddy Miles ones early Nov. and they have now both shipped to Australia in one package. The cost of the two SACDs was ¥9700 and total shipping was ¥1700 (so around AUD$18). This was just regular airmail to rural Oz, and I've never had any trouble before using regular airmail (except the delay by the Japan Post mail embargo to Oz due to COVID, but that's over now, and things are back to normal).

I've just done a dummy run for you (see attached). Airmail to Oz is only about AUD$11. And that's the total price as it includes the 10% GST.

Attachments

• Santana.png
    Santana.png
    543.3 KB · Views: 0
I (asked for and) received Caravanserai by Santana for Christmas in 1972. Alison Steele (WNEW-FM in NY) had played (in advance) the album and on first listen I moved it to the top of my Christmas list. I paid a fortune years ago for the Japanese SACD version way back when before the MFSL SACD.

The price with shipping for this made me hem and haw until I finally realized that it is limited stock, and it is my go-to album by Santana, so I closed my eyes and clicked on FHL shipping based upon the recommendations here. I also grabbed III to justify it to myself!

Am I reading correctly that the multi-channel version of the debut and II are available on sellers other than cdjapan?
Yes they are . Then Covid hit and probably because of shipping restrictions I haven't seen any online etailers in the US and Europe carry the rest.

Importcds
https://www.importcds.com/search?q=santana sacd&mod=AP
Deep discount
https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q=santana+sacd&mod=AP
They are both reliable, bought from them before with no problems...Grab them while you can!

Moderation is getting a lot heavier these days on QQ. Various posts for this thread arrived in my email but aren't here, mostly the ones that mention MQA. I don't know whether I mind or not, but it's certainly a change and makes shooting the breeze here an uncertain process.

I'm using DHL also right now but have to pay extra $23 Cdn for custom.Do you pay this fee as well in the US?
Nope, the ship charge itself to NY was right about that, but nothing additional in the way of customs fees/duties/taxes.

Back