Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and chose DHL ...... used that 1,111 CD Japan coupon and had a bunch of bonus points ...... As I stated in another post, that SONY Japan QUAD SACD of Caravanserai costs the same as that MoFi Stereo SACD in mini LP insert ..... and IT'S SURROUND...and the packaging luxurious!

And with DHL I'll receive my order quickly. I recall when I USED TO BE A CHEAPSKATE AND UTILIZED SAL ...I'd wait a month or even more for shipments from CDJapan to New York!

I went ahead and chose DHL ...... used that 1,111 CD Japan coupon and had a bunch of bonus points ...... As I stated in another post, that SONY Japan QUAD SACD of Caravanserai costs the same as that MoFi Stereo SACD in mini LP insert ..... and IT'S SURROUND...and the packaging luxurious!

And with DHL I'll receive my order quickly. I recall when I USED TO BE A CHEAPSKATE AND UTILIZED SAL ...I'd wait a month or even more for shipments from CDJapan to New York!
I’m so impressed with the combination of CDJapan as a store and DHL as my shipping option. As a store, CDJapan seems pretty efficient. And DHL packages are always arriving a bit sooner than expected.

Like many, I have horror stories with UPS, FedEx or USPS, but I can’t recall any problems with DHL over the years, or mistakes from CDJapan.

I’m sure it happens, but I haven’t experienced it yet.

I'm still confused, and haven't heard any clarity. I chose DHL as shipping too. Though, someone earlier said some "form" of shipping has been suspended. Which has been suspended?

I was going to use the coupon to order Santana, but it only applies if you order more than 10,000 yen worth which is about 2.5 albums. Shame I ordered 3 albums only 4 days ago. Oh well, I'll pass on the coupon while feeling mildly annoyed. Had I known in advance I'd have waited 4 days to place my order.

I was going to use the coupon to order Santana, but it only applies if you order more than 10,000 yen worth which is about 2.5 albums. Shame I ordered 3 albums only 4 days ago. Oh well, I'll pass on the coupon while feeling mildly annoyed. Had I known in advance I'd have waited 4 days to place my order.
I purposely waited a few extra days before placing my order which included 3 MQA CDs [George Harrison/Queen] and so glad I did. CDJapan is pretty regular at issuing bonus coupons at least once a month. S/h via DHL for the entire order was about US $25 and my bonus coupons paid for a large chunk of that!

I'm still confused, and haven't heard any clarity. I chose DHL as shipping too. Though, someone earlier said some "form" of shipping has been suspended. Which has been suspended?
Japan Post has suspended ordinary airmail and registered airmail to much of the rest of the world more or less since the start of the pandemic. You can choose either of those shipping options if you want to--they're much cheaper than DHL or FedEx--but you might wait months or years for delivery, until airmail service to your country has been restored.

Japan Post has suspended ordinary airmail and registered airmail to much of the rest of the world more or less since the start of the pandemic. You can choose either of those shipping options if you want to--they're much cheaper than DHL or FedEx--but you might wait months or years for delivery, until airmail service to your country has been restored.
Got it, thanks for your reply!

I purposely waited a few extra days before placing my order which included 3 MQA CDs [George Harrison/Queen] and so glad I did. CDJapan is pretty regular at issuing bonus coupons at least once a month. S/h via DHL for the entire order was about US $25 and my bonus coupons paid for a large chunk of that!
I didn't know they do bonus coupons about once a month. I thought it was a once a year Black Friday type thing.

I didn't know they do bonus coupons about once a month. I thought it was a once a year Black Friday type thing.
Keep an eye on the Sales/Discount codes thread on QQ Forum. It will keep you up to date on the latest sales. Also, you could enter your email on the CDJapan website for future sales updates. And they usually award you an extra 50 bonus points when you fill out their 6 question questionnaire which usually comes in the form of an email about 2 weeks after you receive an order.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...t-codes-megathread.22716/page-128#post-657512

Last edited:
It gave me the option of choosing the shipping method and clearly stated that it was suspended. Caravenserai won't even be released until 11/30. If the ban drags on, I'll change the method. No worries here. I've got needledrops of both quads anyway.

When I looked for some of the earlier releases particularly the Jeff Beck SACDs, several are sold out not even available through proxy shopping.
So I guess better not wait too long on this one.....
When they specify LIMITED EDITION they ain't kiddin...better jump on it, Jeffie!

Best to take advantage of the current CDJapan 1,111 coupon which expires on November 12th.

Last edited:
I know these Sony Japanese releases are focused on the quad aspect, but how is the 2.0 mastering?
A viable alternative to the various MoFi’s?

I know these Sony Japanese releases are focused on the quad aspect, but how is the 2.0 mastering?
A viable alternative to the various MoFi’s?

At least as good in every case that I've seen/heard.

Anyone found a online store outside Japan for that?

Anyone found a online store outside Japan for that?
Ever since Covid and the Japan shipping restrictions the Japanese SACD quad releases (Santana III) have not shown up in any online stores here in Europe, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the States.. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. I ended up buying both( and Caravanserai) directly from CdJapan since they are limited releases after all..(AND I couldn't wait to listen to them)..

Last edited:
Back