Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, this has probably been answered somewhere in these 14 pages, but I hope you can give me a quick tip: what would be the best place to order this from if you live in Europe (specifically, Germany)? I was hoping it'd show up at JPC, but no dice so far. Any alternatives to cdjapan?
None other CdJapan. It is cheaper that Amazon jp and for europe the airmail options, normal or registered, are avaliable. BTW, while JPC carried Santana I and Abraxas, i've not seen there III at all.

私のコピーは今日早く届きました。 栄光。 私にとっては簡単に10です。

CFA36020-00AC-4DBC-8075-153A216473F9.jpeg

Received III and Caravanserai via FedEx a couple days ago and still have not had time to listen. Tomorrow for sure.

Except that the original release of Lotus was single-inventory SQ, so it's actually quad, albeit a very tame "concert hall" mix. Only the 7" SACD has a dedicated new stereo mix (plus bonus tracks in both stereo and quad).
Interesting! The 2-ch versions are all Quad encoded?
At around 1/3 the cost, a CD should especially do the trick for me!

Love the Joining of Track 2 to 3
we can hear extra Backing Rhythm Guitar from track 2 to 3
by Douglas Rodrigues.

That's not on the Normal 24bit CD.

I like how more of the Drummer is on one left rear
Congas on the other right rear.

This is great Transfer from the Original Quadraphonic tapes.

I hope more Santana appears on Multi Channel SACD by Sony Japan.

Utter Bliss.

Has anyone else run into trouble ripping this disc? I keep getting a "table of contents" error from the SACD Extract software.

I had no problem ripping either Caravanserai or Santana III. I just finished and spot checked a few of the files. I don't know what could have happened in your case, Jonathan.

I had no problem ripping either Caravanserai or Santana III. I just finished and spot checked a few of the files. I don't know what could have happened in your case, Jonathan.
I've gone through it a few times and the process does complete, albeit rather slowly at less than one MB per second (with all tags as "unknown name - unknown artist"), then returns the following error:
Warning: Area 1 (TWOCHTOC) TOC-1 did not match with Area 1 (TWOCHTOC) TOC-2. Disc has some errors !! Using TOC-2...
I haven't noticed any clicks or dropouts in the resultant files through, and the disc sounds fine on direct playback too.

I've gone through it a few times and the process does complete, albeit rather slowly at less than one MB per second (with all tags as "unknown name - unknown artist"), then returns the following error:

I haven't noticed any clicks or dropouts in the resultant files through, and the disc sounds fine on direct playback too.

Yeah same here - I think that's probably a disc structure mastering quirk that causes the ripper to report a minor error - not something that affects the data on the disk.

When I ripped my Caravansarei, the 4.0 and the 2.0 via my Sonore software and Oppo 105, they ripped beautifully and played with out any problems.
But, no tagging on the rip. I did have to tag by hand once I put the file into my NAS>JRiver.
Happens once in awhile, I never get concerned.

Yeah same here - I think that's probably a disc structure mastering quirk that causes the ripper to report a minor error - not something that affects the data on the disk.
I had no issue with the Caravanserai rip at all, no error messages, and all metadata came through intact using SACDExtractGUI as the front-end tool, and EuFlo's enhanced sacd_extract 0.3.9.3-107 (latest executable). The only additional step I took was to append/embed the album art after the rip was completed.

I had no issue with the Caravanserai rip at all, no error messages, and all metadata came through intact using SACDExtractGUI as the front-end tool, and EuFlo's enhanced sacd_extract 0.3.9.3-107 (latest executable). The only additional step I took was to append/embed the album art after the rip was completed.
What player, out of curiosity? I used the same tools/version of EuFlo's tool.

Can you post the SHA/MD5 hash of your raw ripped image? I can compare it to the hash of mine and we can see if the rip is 1:1 or actually different.

Back