Sanyo DC6100K Manual ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive just got the FM radio working again on this unit....TR103 was replaced.

Now Ive got another query - hoping someone can identify...on the back of this DC6100K is an 'FM Mono' RCA Socket.

Anyone know how this may have been utilised?

Attachments

• FM Mode RCA.jpg
    FM Mode RCA.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 0
By the way for future ref...the turntable used in this Sanyo DC6100K All in One identifies closely with a Sanyo TP-91/92S

Attachments

• Sanyo_TP-92_S-Prospekt-1975.jpg
    Sanyo_TP-92_S-Prospekt-1975.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 0

Now Ive got another query - hoping someone can identify...on the back of this DC6100K is an 'FM Mono' RCA Socket.

Some quad equipment from the seventies had an FM Multiplex jack that was meant to connect to a quad FM adaptor (demodulator) when the anticipated quadraphonic standard was approved. Early sixties FM receivers had a similar jack for connection of an FM stereo adaptor. Often called FMX. I guess it's it's called FM Mono on the DC6100K as the full baseband (stereo and all) are left unprocessed?

Some quad equipment from the seventies had an FM Multiplex jack that was meant to connect to a quad FM adaptor (demodulator) when the anticipated quadraphonic standard was approved. Early sixties FM receivers had a similar jack for connection of an FM stereo adaptor. Often called FMX. I guess it's it's called FM Mono on the DC6100K as the full baseband (stereo and all) are left unprocessed?
Interesting thanks par4ken ...Ive been looking at similar Sanyo era receivers but could not find another with this. I thought I would be able find one that had a SM to understand where the signal is taken from in the FM circuitry.

This query is an afterthought as now the receiver is back in the system...otherwise I would have traced where the signal is coming from on the FM board.

So when we say unprocessed signal - wonder if its possible to directly amplify it and what on earth would the result be!

This unit does not have an FM Stereo to Mono Switch and it would be nice to have a mono option.

Interesting thanks par4ken ...Ive been looking at similar Sanyo era receivers but could not find another with this. I thought I would be able find one that had a SM to understand where the signal is taken from in the FM circuitry.

This query is an afterthought as now the receiver is back in the system...otherwise I would have traced where the signal is coming from on the FM board.

So when we say unprocessed signal - wonder if its possible to directly amplify it and what on earth would the result be!

This unit does not have an FM Stereo to Mono Switch and it would be nice to have a mono option.
It would include mono audio with the 19 KHz pilot tone and the modulated stereo difference signal, 38 kHz double-sideband suppressed carrier (stereo difference signal) riding on top. The high frequency stuff would not be audible but would not be good for your tweeters.

A good description of stereo and quad multiplex can be found here.

https://sites.google.com/site/bigdube1189/fm-stereo-multiplex

Thank you par4ken! thats enough for me not to try...

Was just hoping we could grab a mono FM signal...still the old tech is v.interesting !

Actually I couldn't help it and did try it on old test amp and speakers and indeed it worked...it was no better and slightly worse to the ear than normal output. I think I could tell that there were higher frequencies in there. Certainly not just mono and no improvement help for stereo stations that are not that strong of signal.

FWIW for anyone that uses FM radio on these Vintage Sanyo Receivers, I Just found out that many of these Sanyo Receivers of the day using specifically the Sanyo LA3301 FM Stereo Decoder Chip can output stereo or mono by inserting a switch on Pin 2...Open for FM Stereo output and Closed to Ground for FM Mono Output.

Attachments

• Sanyo LA3301 Mono - Stereo Diag.jpg
    Sanyo LA3301 Mono - Stereo Diag.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 0

I haven’t checked to see if there are other responses, but typically that jack is the raw FM signal without the multiplex decoding.

Actually I couldn't help it and did try it on old test amp and speakers and indeed it worked...it was no better and slightly worse to the ear than normal output. I think I could tell that there were higher frequencies in there. Certainly not just mono and no improvement help for stereo stations that are not that strong of signal.
Hey jipop..
I don't have anything actually useful to add, I just want to say it's been an interesting thread and you must have advanced electronic skills. It's been good to see the Sanyo name out & about. Before they were swallowed by Panasonic they were quite the powerhouse.

The first piece of my own personal audio gear was when my dad bought me a 6 transistor Sanyo AM radio:
1673554150839.png

He called it Japanese junk but I loved it. I was maybe 10 years old & it was small enough I could cram it into my corduroy pants pocket. I'd take it to school & run the wire from the ear piece inside my shirt to the radio in my pocket. So I could listen to AM radio top 40 instead of History in class. Yeah, I was one of those kind of kids.

Hey jipop..
I don't have anything actually useful to add, I just want to say it's been an interesting thread and you must have advanced electronic skills. It's been good to see the Sanyo name out & about. Before they were swallowed by Panasonic they were quite the powerhouse.

The first piece of my own personal audio gear was when my dad bought me a 6 transistor Sanyo AM radio:View attachment 87337

He called it Japanese junk but I loved it. I was maybe 10 years old & it was small enough I could cram it into my corduroy pants pocket. I'd take it to school & run the wire from the ear piece inside my shirt to the radio in my pocket. So I could listen to AM radio top 40 instead of History in class. Yeah, I was one of those kind of kids.
Nice radio. I didn't know Channel Master sourced radios from Sanyo. I had a CM clock radio that was very cool with reading light attached and an extension speaker with volume knob on it. Wish I had kept it.

Hey jipop..

The first piece of my own personal audio gear was when my dad bought me a 6 transistor Sanyo AM radio:View attachment 87337

I'm glad you have enjoyed this thread.

That's a real Little Beauty of a Radio Sonik..that design is quite something ! Original music on the go!

Back