Satch Surfing Surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread has garnered so much attention :rolleyes:.
And just in case youā€™re out there wondering who Joe Satriani is; heā€™s the guy who taught Steve Vai to play the guitar. And if you donā€™t know who Steve Vai is, then you are lost in The Multiverse of Madness and desperately need the help of a wizardā€™s spell, and should immediately be buying and watching this DVD-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G3:_Live_in_Concert

<pedantic mode on>
Flying is his 3rd album and he has sung on 5 of his 18 studio releases (counting Time Machine):
Flying In A Blue Dream
Time Machine
Joe Satriani
Is There Love In Space?
Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock

Would have saved myself some time if I found this first Lyrics | Joe Satriani Universe

I do love me some Satch, especially when Stu is along on the bass.

<pedantic mode on>
Flying is his 3rd album and he has sung on 5 of his 18 studio releases (counting Time Machine):
Flying In A Blue Dream
He only did that on his second album.

I always forget to add Not of This Earth as his first album. Flying in a Blue Dream was the most overt vocals album he did. The rest would be incidental I either didnā€™t notice or mind.

Love Stu Hamm; saw them together early on as trio with Jonathan Mover. (Cool #9 EP came out shortly after) I know Stu has been back a couple times. Bryan Beller is back for tour in October. Glenn Hughes was on a recent album and that was great in a different way.

I listen to Strange Beautiful music most as my go to album with the surround slant and I love the tunes.

I always forget to add Not of This Earth as his first album. Flying in a Blue Dream was the most overt vocals album he did. The rest would be incidental I either didnā€™t notice or mind.

Love Stu Hamm; saw them together early on as trio with Jonathan Mover. (Cool #9 EP came out shortly after) I know Stu has been back a couple times. Bryan Beller is back for tour in October. Glenn Hughes was on a recent album and that was great in a different way.

I listen to Strange Beautiful music most as my go to album with the surround slant and I love the tunes.
Looks like he's comin' your way Tim!

Oct. 24 - Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-satriani-2022-north-american-tour/
He's hitting Stockton CA here šŸ˜² (instead of Sacramento), not a fan of heading for Stockton for a show :unsure:

Oh yeah, got my ticket weeks ago. Saw Bryan Beller tonight with The Aristocrats; next Iā€™ll see him with Joe on that October date.
Hey Tim!
I was thinking about Satch's tour locations near me, and started wondering why he'd choose a much smaller area like Stockton over Sacramento?
Do artists favor one venue over another maybe due to what the venue charges the performers. We've got a nice little theater called The Crest here that would be great for Satch IMO. I've seen John McLaughlin (with Dennis Chambers), Boz Scaggs, Larry Carlton with Robben Ford, and many others there.
I'm also seeing an Eric Johnson show there for February 18, 2023, that looks tempting.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eric-johnsons-treasure-tour-tickets-165781923195

Hey Tim!
Do artists favor one venue over another maybe due to what the venue charges the performers. We've got a nice little theater called The Crest here that would be great for Satch IMO.
There are a number of factors involved with selecting venues. Is the artist aware of the venue? Is their management team on good terms with booking agency? Did they play there last time and wanting to give different cities a chance this time? More Iā€™m sure. You should book that Eric Johnson show, heā€™s great.

Back