HiRez Poll Saxon - LIONHEART [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Saxon - LIONHEART

• 10: Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 7:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this disc. (y):phones(n)

This is a great metal album. The sound is clear but a little bright. The surround mix isn't the most adventurous but completely fills the room with sound.
Most metal albums in surround are pretty dire but this one hits the mark without being showy.
All in all a bit of a hidden gem for all the metal heads out there.

Just got this myself last week. I knew a 5.1 mix existed for this album but for some strange reason I always assumed it was lossy on a dvd-v. I was searching for new surround material and when I managed to see a scan of the back cover I couldn't believe it was full 24/96 lossless!! Ordered it pronto.

The mix is brilliant, the rears are used really well and fills the room with sound. There are layers in there I honestly never heard on the standard CD. One gripe is that I *think* it's a tad compressed overall but nowhere near a disaster and I only noticed it in places. Or it could be my ears, but I'm sure it's there slightly.

Hard to find much metal out there in surround that sounds as good as this.

The sound is clear, it is pleasant to listen to, but the mix is not very discreet. Do not expect any discrete partitions. It\u0027s similar to DVD-A Hammerfall.

Back