HiRez Poll Scorpions - MOMENT OF GLORY [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of the Scorpions - MOMENT OF GLORY

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
have it since years...but only listen once...not my favorite music but stays in the safe for whatever reason :eek:

YEAY!! So that's 2 QQ members who have it, thank goodness!! It would be terrible if all the copies out there were 'in the wrong hands', so to speak!

You Only listened once? :yikes I'm never going to take criticism on here again for not opening some disc you can still get at retail any day for 10 bucks..!!! :ugham:

Well, I have listened to it and I wouldn't have paid even retail price for this...and I like the Scorpion's stuff from the 70's and 80's...one of the greatest voices in Rock.
Bit this one, to me , is not really that good...

This should be interesting.
I wonder how many of us have actually heard it.
I spoke with someone recently who had bid $1200 on an e-bay auction for this disc....and lost.

Wow, that is crazy. I'm not sure I'd pay over $1,200 for any Surround Sound disc. But for Moment of Glory in SACD Surround? No.
I guess that's why we have the Shocker Log... !

Hopefully Universal will re-press the SACD. Or would it be on Warners since it's classical? Maybe Analogue Productions could do it.

it has real surround but i'm not much like it. found it somewhat too much dispersed/spread. in some moments too much reverb used
and does impression that recording was done in the huge empty venue sort of. definately lacking low end.
there are nothing to refer as outstanding sound fidelity. so i gave it 6
received as a gift back in 2005 or 2006. my relative spotted it somewhere in Hamburg when visiting there family members and got 2
copies, one for himself. i never asked how much he paid but i'm pretty sure it was retail.

Hopefully Universal will re-press the SACD. Or would it be on Warners since it's classical? Maybe Analogue Productions could do it.

The SACD was released by EMI Classical in Europe - it was EMI's first SACD. So I doubt that Universal or Warner/Elektra/Atlantic would be involved in a reissue.
Analogue Productions - that's possible. But I wonder whether the master tapes of this album would meet their quality standards.

Lady Starlight is the best track!
And in 5.1 it is glorious!

But there are also cheesy songs on it!

I would NEVER pay more than 50€ for a 5.1 mix!

With the Rock Band, Singers, Chorus and Symphony Orchestra, it is quite an adventure musically in 5.1 Surround. That's for sure.

The SACD was released by EMI Classical in Europe - it was EMI's first SACD. So I doubt that Universal or Warner/Elektra/Atlantic would be involved in a reissue.
Analogue Productions - that's possible. But I wonder whether the master tapes of this album would meet their quality standards.
Well, EMI Classical is Warners now. EMI isn't anymore.

Here is one of the first Warners (previously EMI Classical) releases: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Recor...pt=US_Wholesale_Music_CDs&hash=item1c38104667

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Great-Recordings-The-Century-SACD/dp/B00GHFUMWI

Here is an article on EMI Classical going to Warners:

http://www.classicfm.com/music-news/latest-news/emi-classics-and-virgin-classics-join-warners/

Really! That is why I passed the new Layla mix.
And I really like to hear it.

The problem is....I have three children......wait......no no it is not a problem at all. :).

you can find the Layla box from time to time on discount, I got one for approx £30, if I find another one that cheap I'll PM you.

those kids are a blessing! we gotta get the next generation into Hi-Rez and Surround! plus they can probably hear Hi-Rez..! :D

you can find the Layla box from time to time on discount, I got one for approx £30, if I find another one that cheap I'll PM you.

those kids are a blessing! we gotta get the next generation into Hi-Rez and Surround! plus they can probably hear Hi-Rez..! :D

Ok. I'm not only surrounded by music, but also by girls...only girls....so I don't think I can pass it to them.
Sadly most women are not so enthusiastic about high-rez :).

When you see the box for such a price...that would be really nice! Oh a rhyme :)...

seems like this one going to turn rather discussion than voting :p

after reading the thread...i searched for this gem in my huge collection:mad:@:

finally found it and gave it another spin. Finally I can say the surround is ok but not very discret. Musicwise still not my cup of tea.
I vote a 7.

Now its get back in the shelf (safe) for years.;)

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I'm too lazy to look through all the threads my "Scorpions Moment of Glory" search found, but I've just got one question:
The SACD is obviously a true collectors' item, but is the mix on the easily-purchased BD of the tour comparable to the SACD mix?

Back