Scratch/Dent sale units, News and product updates

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture

QQ Supporter
Hi there all,

EDIT 2: All the scratch/dent units are now sold - I may have one more unit available later in the week if anyone is still interested. Thank you for the support!

A couple of things.

Firstly, we're at the end of this batch of Surround Masters, and we have 4 units (possibly 5) that have too many physical quality issues, so we're selling them at a discounted price of US$549.
I believe you can still apply the QQ discount, but not the previous-owners discount for these ones. I'll attach a few pics here to show the extent of it. It's not major physical defects or anything, but it's not what you'd want from a new product. One of the units even has a partially lasered set of signatures from myself, Chucky and Chris that didn't burn through the coating properly. If you want that one, just purchase it on the page and message me that you want that one - first in best dressed as they say. EDIT: Signed unit has been sold.

I'm giving the QQ forum first access before I make it visible to the public. Here's the link:

https://involveaudio.com/product/surround-master-v3-scratch-dent-limited-to-4-units/
They're all still fully functional and warrantied, just physically not up to snuff. Which brings me to point 2:

...we're moving to a new case that should hopefully eliminate this sort of issue. We'll be using our own extrusion, and the front and rear panels will have a bit more overhang around the case itself. It's a small change but overall makes it easier to manufacture and avoid these sorts of defects. Will share images of that when we've got them, and we'll update the product page accordingly with images but this batch won't be ready until early next year. Pre-orders will be available soon and the usual discounts apply for QQ members and previous owners.

We will also be updating the 6 Channel Amplifier (HEX amp) to this case design. This will allow for better heat dissipation, better internal airflow and potentially allow us to include a small fan if we need to, or if we release a higher-powered version (Yes, even more power if you can believe it)

Coming Soon: We have shipped a couple of Y4 units to the U.S - one to the east coast and one to the west coast - they'll be set up and tested soon and hopefully at some point in the future will be available to have a listen if you're nearby. You will finally be able to experience one of our flagship technologies - Sweet Spot (formerly Total Perspective - us engineering lot much prefer the original name but whatever) - this is our patented sweet spot widening technology, and yes it works. The Y4 is for home setups, but we've used Sweet Spot in a full-sized cinema to demonstrate to a tech company a few years back, and the result was breathtaking.

Finally, a quick update on the pre-amp - work continues on the software, and the hardware prototypes are going into production now.

Thanks for your support, roll on Christmas!

~Captain Dave (Bitch, first class)

Attachments

• 20221207_134106.jpg
    20221207_134106.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221207_134111.jpg
    20221207_134111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134123.jpg
    20221207_134123.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134134.jpg
    20221207_134134.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134219.jpg
    20221207_134219.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134233.jpg
    20221207_134233.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134241.jpg
    20221207_134241.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134243.jpg
    20221207_134243.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134350.jpg
    20221207_134350.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134423.jpg
    20221207_134423.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134517.jpg
    20221207_134517.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134534.jpg
    20221207_134534.jpg
    975.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221207_134545.jpg
    20221207_134545.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Coming Soon: We have shipped a couple of Y4 units to the U.S - one to the east coast and one to the west coast - they'll be set up and tested soon and hopefully at some point in the future will be available to have a listen if you're nearby

I hope I'm near enough! Really would like to sample the Y4 system.

if we release a higher-powered version (Yes, even more power if you can believe it)

Yes, I'd be in for more power!

Thank you for the updates. I'd pick up a 2nd SMv3, but as hard as I try, I cannot come up with any excuse to do so...unfortunate!

Hi there all,

A couple of things.

Firstly, we're at the end of this batch of Surround Masters, and we have 4 units (possibly 5) that have too many physical quality issues, so we're selling them at a discounted price of US$549.
I believe you can still apply the QQ discount, but not the previous-owners discount for these ones. I'll attach a few pics here to show the extent of it. It's not major physical defects or anything, but it's not what you'd want from a new product. One of the units even has a partially lasered set of signatures from myself, Chucky and Chris that didn't burn through the coating properly. If you want that one, just purchase it on the page and message me that you want that one - first in best dressed as they say.
I'm giving the QQ forum first access before I make it visible to the public. Here's the link:

https://involveaudio.com/product/surround-master-v3-scratch-dent-limited-to-4-units/
They're all still fully functional and warrantied, just physically not up to snuff. Which brings me to point 2:

...we're moving to a new case that should hopefully eliminate this sort of issue. We'll be using our own extrusion, and the front and rear panels will have a bit more overhang around the case itself. It's a small change but overall makes it easier to manufacture and avoid these sorts of defects. Will share images of that when we've got them, and we'll update the product page accordingly with images but this batch won't be ready until early next year. Pre-orders will be available soon and the usual discounts apply for QQ members and previous owners.

We will also be updating the 6 Channel Amplifier (HEX amp) to this case design. This will allow for better heat dissipation, better internal airflow and potentially allow us to include a small fan if we need to, or if we release a higher-powered version (Yes, even more power if you can believe it)

Coming Soon: We have shipped a couple of Y4 units to the U.S - one to the east coast and one to the west coast - they'll be set up and tested soon and hopefully at some point in the future will be available to have a listen if you're nearby. You will finally be able to experience one of our flagship technologies - Sweet Spot (formerly Total Perspective - us engineering lot much prefer the original name but whatever) - this is our patented sweet spot widening technology, and yes it works. The Y4 is for home setups, but we've used Sweet Spot in a full-sized cinema to demonstrate to a tech company a few years back, and the result was breathtaking.

Finally, a quick update on the pre-amp - work continues on the software, and the hardware prototypes are going into production now.

Thanks for your support, roll on Christmas!

~Captain Dave (Bitch, first class)
Does the QQ membership discount apply to the scratch and dent units? -Never mind, Emily Latella :)

Last edited:
Well, I've finally succumbed and ordered one.

I'd vacillated on this for quite a while, thinking it didn't quite fit into my existing system which uses stereo XLRs going from my Oppo-205 into a Parasound P7 pre-amp. However, massive thanks to John (aka "ar surround") for letting me know the XLR and RCA outs on the Oppo run concurrently and the P7 can select between them.

Thanks also to the kind chaps at Involve Audio for the chance on this forum to purchase one before others can get their mits on them (and for the luck in also being in Oz so the postage is cheap and with no OS taxes).

Cheers. :)

For everyone that has already bought a Surround Master, how long does it take between ordering one and receiving it?
Well Sir, that's extremely variable & I'm sure others will chime in. I placed a aa pre-order for the SM v2 when new & IIRC it was about 3 months. But what is being offered is items in stock, ready to go. It depends on the shipment method & who is available at Involve to pack it up, I guess maybe Overture? At any rate it is worth the wait!

For everyone that has already bought a Surround Master, how long does it take between ordering one and receiving it?
Depends where you are in the world. Usually once ordered they ship within a week, to most destinations it arrives within 2 weeks. Often sooner, though at this end of the year it might be a tad longer.
The only time we've had any major delays was a four week shipping time to....somewhere in Europe - might have been Switzerland (fuzzy brain today, had a big weekend - the sun actually came out. Go figure) But for U.S. and U.K. shipments (the majority of our sales go there) yeah, I would say from order to door, a maximum of three weeks, but between 1 and 2 isn't uncommon.

Back